Gas smell when riding?

The only time that I had an issue with a gas smell at a traffic light is after eating a big bowl of Total for breakfast...I just happened to check and saw a drop of gas come from the banjo bolt at the tank to fuel line connection. Just the one small drop caused the smell. I lifted the tank and gave the banjo bolt a little extra squeeze and the leak stopped...
You dont know gas 'til youve filled up from a big bowl of oat groats. Im thinking recycled energy source right thar, 'cept itd be a bit uncomfy sitting on a hard tube.
The top tank seal fix, tightening up on the hex bolts, sounds like a first place to check.

Last yr when I had my tank off several times, I had failed to get one of the 3 drain tubes that I had appearently failed to get reconnecetted properly and was leaking gas down the side of the bike. Mine leaked bad enough that it left a small puddle beneath the bike after I shut it off so it was fairly easy to find mine. So be sure to check those three drain lines coming from the tank. Just a thought.

Big T

Hello all...I have noticed the past few times I've taken my 06 Rocket Classic out that I can smell gas from time to time...I searched the forums and found posts regarding gas smell in the garage when parked...but nothing about a gas smell when riding. I've noticed the smell mainly when stopped at stop signs or lights. I've searched for leaks, but found nothing. The gas smell was not there until just the past few rides. Any ideas?
Did you manage to resolve this? I have exactly the same issue now. Smells when engine is really hot. So when the radiator fan kicks in smell is very noticeable... I check for leakage and found nothing. I replaced fuel pump assembly O-Ring (big rubber part T3600056) and banjo washers (T3550573) on fuel pump assembly. Let engine idle for about 20 min after it... and it was no smell. But today, I took a ride and it looks like the smell is back. Have a feeling that it's smells most on the right side of a tank very close to saddle... But the only thing on that side is fuel hose assembly (T1245104 - 27 on image attached) ... that I din't find any issues with... Any ideas?
Screenshot 2023-07-10 at 23.10.37.png

Back