masterchief

Better to Burn out than to fade away
Ride
Triumph Rocket 3gt third gen
Hi All,

Got my TR3 GT yesterday and wow what a bike, its everything i wanted and way more, however the first this I though of was how do I shut and open my garage door without taking off my gloves and getting my keys out of my pockets and fiddling about with it to open the door, I guess I wont be the first to have come across this issue, any thoughts from the gang?

Garage remote bar mount or key fob versions to carry or mount anywhere.

Google similar and see what others have done.
E.g. Chamberlin two button mini remote, easy to operate with gloves and works with most brands of garage openers.

Google "flash2pass". It ties into your garage door opener and all you do flash your high beams to open.

I made my own and put a botton on the insode of the cowl. Kinda like this

I got one of the keyfob style ones for my opener which I can keep in the sleeve pocket on my jacket that is useless for pretty much any purpose. It's easy to press the button through the fabric.

I used to keep it stuck to my gauge cluster with velcro, but I have five bikes and moving it from bike to bike is more of a hassle than keeping it in my jacket.

There also exist products like mo-door which go on your bike. A control box gets mounted wherever and it comes with a low profile remote switch on a wire which you can place anywhere. You could also just add your own remote switch to your existing opener and just mount the ugly part under the tank or something.

And that is all from JUST one page of a thread in a bike forum ;) :cool:
://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/kh99kf/handlebar_mounted_garage_door_opener/

Garage remote bar mount or key fob versions to carry or mount anywhere.

Google similar and see what others have done.

And that is all from JUST one page of a thread in a bike forum ;) :cool:
://www.reddit.com/r/motorcycles/comments/kh99kf/handlebar_mounted_garage_door_opener/
Hi Ishrub,

Great thanks for the information, I will lookinto the options and work out the best one for me......

Thanks again..... :cool:

Steve

You may already have all the components you need. It's just a matter of getting them integrated and programmed correctly:
Hi Jallen3.14:,

I see you have worked hard on this on, and you are right I have the right compenents, Just not the will to kick off WW3 in my house......Great post though made me smile.....

:cool:
:):cool:

Back