Accessories for the new R3 ?

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
I can imagine that it is just a question of time before the after-market resellers will include in their catalog several accessories that Triumph will not offer and especially regarding protection items..

Even before I've ordered my R, I simply could not believe that Triumph has not included any protection item for such a model which is particular exposed even for a fall when stationery or at very low speed including both engine and manifold and certainly more than the average motorcycles.

Even a dealer representative told me not to hesitate to let him know if I hear through forums or else a possibility to fix an engine protection !

The question then will be whether it'll be aesthetically compatible..

Dr.D

Octane Boost
Ride
Indians and the R3 2014 Roadster + TFC
I can imagine that it is just a question of time before the after-market resellers will include in their catalog several accessories that Triumph will not offer and especially regarding protection items..

Even before I've ordered my R, I simply could not believe that Triumph has not included any protection item for such a model which is particular exposed even for a fall when stationery or at very low speed including both engine and manifold and certainly more than the average motorcycles.

Even a dealer representative told me not to hesitate to let him know if I hear through forums or else a possibility to fix an engine protection !

The question then will be whether it'll be aesthetically compatible..
I agree completely it needs some type of tip over engine guard bar. It need to be very small and just bigg enough to provide some protection. I’d like to see a small low loop like a GW or a footrest type straight bar set just high enough to not impede cornering.

R3RM

Rocketeer
Ride
R3R-2020
Anyone thinking of replacing the genuine horn by a louder one since "cagers" are usually deaf ? I found it quite weak but this is probably due to the fact that I was used to the one of my ex-Indian Roadmaster which was as powerful as the horns cars...

Kevin frazier

Widowmaker!
Ride
2008 Triumph rocket 3 touring
995FDDD2-040A-4541-8CF5-118469F469E1.png

Mighty Mouse

Incredibly handsome.
Ride
2020 Triumph Rocket GT
What is it with Triumph and their pu**y ass horns? A bicycle ringer is louder. A beautiful well made muscle bike and a pansy ass horn. It's like watching Mike Tyson and then hearing him speak. The two don't go together but they both pack a punch. 'It's Ludacwith'!

warp9.9

Pocałuj mnie w dupę
Ride
07 Rocket
I'm not convinced louder is better. Say you lay into your bike horn and it sounds like a train. Im in mu truck I hear it I start sacnning everywhere for the train after all it sounds like a train. My attention is looking for a train I scan right by motorcycles, small cars and pickup trucks, after all I'm trying to figure out where the train track and train are. The only thing I might take a second look at is a tractor trailer as a lot of them air horns are loud. Do I win in a court battle for not hearing the motorcycle warning that is disguised. Not sure I'm not a lawyer. I would speculate a lawyer could push the improper equipment to a win then take the family and other parties insurance company to court for the mental anguish I will go thru for the rest of my life because I killed somone who altered the require manufacturers safety device. Either way the guy on the bike is just as dead. And everyone is suffering just as much. Sure there is a chance it might work but a high pitched motorcycle horn would work also. Its kind of like your driving down the road and all of a sudden your wife starts screaming and you're looking everywhere when she just could have been a little more specific before the deer runs out from the side of the road and your looking for a vehicle smack!!!!!!! Been there done that which doesn't leave much meat to make up for the deductable. Its a good thing they don't sell one that sounds like a tornado warning :D

Last edited:

Steel

Resident Coonass
Ride
2012 Roadster & 2006 Classic
I'm not convinced louder is better. Say you lay into your bike horn and it sounds like a train. Im in mu truck I hear 8t I start sacnning everywhere for the train after all it sounds like a train. My attention is looking for a train i scan right by motorcycles, small cars and pickup trucks after all I'm trying to figure out where the train track and train are. The only think I might take a second look at is a tractor trailer as a lot of them air horns are loud. Do I win in a court battle for not hearing the motorcycle warning that is disguised. Not sure I'm not a lawyer. I would speculate a lawer could push the improper equipment to a win then take the family and other parties insurrance company to court for the mental anguish I will go thru for the rest of my life because I killed somone who altered the require manufacturers safety device. Either way the guy on the bike is just as dead. And everyone is suffering. Sure there is a chance it might work but a high pitched motorcycle horn would work also. Its kind of like your driving down the road and all of a sudden you wifes starts screaming and your looking everywhere when she just could have been a little more specific before the deer runs out from the side of the road and your looking for a vehicle smack!!!!!!! Its a good thing they don't sell one that sounds like a tornado warning :D
I want one that sounds like gunshots. That should get them moving away from me.