FYI...Clutch cable length and Rivco Riser

With your issues of every thing being too tight, even the clutch cable at +1.5", makes me wonder if you may have a different set of handlebars on your bike. The +1.5" was the perfect length to put the clutch cable back to factory routing when I put on the risers.

bob

With your issues of every thing being too tight, even the clutch cable at +1.5", makes me wonder if you may have a different set of handlebars on your bike. The +1.5" was the perfect length to put the clutch cable back to factory routing when I put on the risers.

bob
All the touring models have the same handle bars 2008 thru 2017. I checked and Triumph has one part number for all years.

Did you check the measurements against the OEM one to see if it is 1 1/2 inch longer??

bob

Hmmm...don't know. Maybe my controls are positioned differently. I don't recall moving them in any way. All I know is it is rests against the outermost edge of the tree opening without a lot of additional length. A full left is pulled tight but the cover panel will flex a little. I think the additional inch will put it where it use to be. If not, I'm going to be clutch cable poor or it will be back behind the tree again.

All the touring models have the same handle bars 2008 thru 2017. I checked and Triumph has one part number for all years.

Did you check the measurements against the OEM one to see if it is 1 1/2 inch longer??

It is longer as I gave it a "quick look" before I put it on. A good point though... as I will now give it the full measurement check when I swap it out. I assumed it was correct. But you know what they say about assumptions!

You should you not have to loosen the actuator arm to mount your clutch cable.
I've done it several times and it's just not necessary.
Connect the actuator side of the cable before you connect the lever side.
I also recommend removing the protective cover in front of the throttle pulley for easier access to the throttle cables. Tis only two 10 mm head bolts.

Last edited:
I called Barnett and ordered another cable plus
2 1/2" this time. I will have to pay for it as expected. I checked the standard length clutch cable I ordered from them as a spare a long time ago..it "does" have the hard plastic sleeves on both ends.

I explain the situation about the missing sleeve. They will not take it back (special order), but I can send it back to them an they will repair it by putting the sleeve on and then return it to me. I'll wait till I get the new one on before getting an RA to return it.

Anyone looking for a gently used Barnett clutch cable plus 1 1/2". I will have one for sale in a couple of weeks at a reduced price. Everyone could use a spare. $60.93 + 12.85 shipping...$73.78 is what I paid. I'm thinking $55.00 with shipping in the lower 48 states. I guess that would be better than a poke in the eye with a sharp stick. :banghead:

I'd probably take it, I think mine is original with 32,000 miles, I'll check measurements.

I have just installed 2" over Barnett Platinum throttle and clutch cables.
They fit OK, but I have ordered up some 4" over for what I reckon will be a better looking fit.
If anybody is interested, I will sell the new set of 2" over.

Last edited:
I have just installed 2" over Barnett Platinum throttle and clutch cables.
They fit OK, but I have ordered up some 4" over for what I reckon will be a better looking fit.
I will sell the new set of 2" over for half cost price, if anybody is interested.
Send me a price, I would probably take them.

Back