Funky noise, not paint can

3ngin33r1

Supercharged
Ok, so this noise is starting to drive me nuts.

It's not the paint can rattle, I can still hear that, but in gear (doesn't matter which gear) from 900-3200 RPM or so there is this... I dunno how to describe it, sounds like a bad bearing somewhere.

Pull it out of gear and run it through the same RPM range, just throttle, no clutch, no noise other than the paint can rattle and intake chatter.

Clutch out, any gear, there it is again, but not all the time. Throttle position/load doesn't make any change in the noise and it sounds like it's coming from the lower left side right next to my foot peg.

Anyone else have/had this noise? Maybe I'll record it tonight when I get home

Start checking all of your fastners. The cowling around the radiator, etc could be loose. As Jamie has suggested several times it recommended that Rocket remove fastners and apply some locktite and make sure they are snugg and periodically recheck them.

I dunno, I'll check them but it just doesn't sound like a fastener.

I wonder if it's the triple K&Ns vibrating against the bc... If it wasn't raining, I'd pull the bc off here on the boat and test on the way home. Oh well, maybe tomorrow.

Hope It ain't

Ok, so this noise is starting to drive me nuts.

It's not the paint can rattle, I can still hear that, but in gear (doesn't matter which gear) from 900-3200 RPM or so there is this... I dunno how to describe it, sounds like a bad bearing somewhere.

Pull it out of gear and run it through the same RPM range, just throttle, no clutch, no noise other than the paint can rattle and intake chatter.

Clutch out, any gear, there it is again, but not all the time. Throttle position/load doesn't make any change in the noise and it sounds like it's coming from the lower left side right next to my foot peg.

Anyone else have/had this noise? Maybe I'll record it tonight when I get home
Wow,
hope It ain't the output shaft bearing but thats the general location..And our early ones are kinda known for that..Jack

p9 and others running the 3 kn's... does it sound like a loud rod knock coming from that area with this set up. seems like since i did this mod sometime ago that that is when i noticed it (valves not muffled by stock plenum?) just havent had time to check it out.
dont know if you saw these yet p9
Link Removed

I did see those. Look good. What kind of silencers are those? They look kind of like the Hammer's from Japan. And those ceramic coated correct?

When I went from stock intake to the under tank K&N I first noticed the intake noise you are describing. When I went with the trip K&Ns and the knocking noise got quite a bit louder. Especially when under a little bit of a load and you open the throttle a bit.

flipstr... have a friend making a website.. should be up by end of this week.. it'll be basic (couldnt get the gals around here to pose topless) but what i think we can do is link your stuff to the site. ie pic of your stuff and a link to paypal for ya for orders... im not a putr geek but i think this is basic web site stuff..
p9, glad to hear it's not just my bike. tube benders will have my ist demo fit of both these and the 3-1 r/s hopefully by the end of this week. they are having to have tooling made for the 2 1/2 od tubes to the mufflers which will be about 2-3 weeks. i can still fab those but it is real time consuming.
so ya wanta demo the shorties or the longs like on the bike with the corbins ?
me personally the shorties look soooooooo bad ass in person they are my favorites.
these were double ceramiced inside and out up in washington. i never got to see them as the owner picked them up from them. ya know sad thing is i have never had a set to ceramic for myself. dont even have the 3-1 as it is on it's way to mandrel benders... i have to run one the very 1st set i made about a year ago.
did you pop in that tune ?

Back