Full Face Helmet Recommendations Please

I have the same helmet as @1olbull . Kinda quiet, but very comfortable. Lightweight, the carbon fiber makes a big difference, and it is a modular. AGV Sport Modular. Mine came from the Netherlands, and a couple hundred bucks cheaper than here in the states. 520 shipped. Normally, I wouldn't buy from across the planet for fitting issues, but got lucky on this one

About 8 months back I bought a Fly full face, Snell 2015 rated for the track or strip. It is a long oval where all my others have been intermediate oval.
Today I put some miles on it for a 30 mile ride to meet Rob @Claviger.
Darmmm! This $150.00 helmet fits better than my $800.00 AGV carbon Sportmodular!!!

About 8 months back I bought a Fly full face, Snell 2015 rated for the track or strip. It is a long oval where all my others have been intermediate oval.
Today I put some miles on it for a 30 mile ride to meet Rob @Claviger.
Darmmm! This $150.00 helmet fits better than my $800.00 AGV carbon Sportmodular!!!

Addendum:
Now I'm back home and have done an additional 40 miles. :thumbsup:
I have found there is also much more mouth & chin room to helmet and not nearly as claustrophobic.
I be liking this Fly more & more! Reckon I wear it for my 4700+ mile ride to Leakey this October for the big test!

Addendum:
Now I'm back home and have done an additional 40 miles. :thumbsup:
I have found there is also much more mouth & chin room to helmet and not nearly as claustrophobic.
I be liking this Fly more & more! Reckon I wear it for my 4700+ mile ride to Leakey this October for the big test!

Which Fly?
Snell Foundation - M2015 certified helmets

F2 CARBON,
fly_racing_f2_carbon_cold_weather_pure_helmet_flo_orange_black_750x750.jpg

Formula
fly_racing_dirt_formula_helmet_black_300x300.jpg

or

REVOLT-FS Bargain US$140
fly_revolt_fs_helmet_matte_black_750x750.jpg

I always used them as a source - until they made a big change a few years back - things seemed to go downhill a bit.

I have looked but cannot find a reasonably (hobby) priced dB meter that logs dosage with a remote microphone that one could place inside the lid near or over an ear. An enterprising traffic safety research person might have more luck.

img_4237.jpg
There's an app for that, and with a Bluetooth earpiece and mic you are ready to go. You really do need to keep up with technology. :whitstling:

There's an app for that, and with a Bluetooth earpiece and mic you are ready to go. You really do need to keep up with technology. :whitstling:
If it's anything like the dB app I have on the company phone - it'll need a piano tuner to come and calibrate the bugger.

If it's anything like the dB app I have on the company phone - it'll need a piano tuner to come and calibrate the bugger.
The important thing would be relative numbers, so it should be able to give you a comparison.

So I had a really dis-orienting experience this past weekend on a four hour run to and from Green Bay, WI. I had, alternately, ear buds (no tunes) or actual ear plugs in, to cut the wind noise - my current half helmet obvious does zip for me. On arrival, my hearing was completely messed up (volume, tone, etc) and it appears that the wind noise somehow synchronized with my already existing tinnitus to complete scramble my auditory sense. Very strange as this has never happened before even on very long runs and without hearing protection.

Upshot is that I clearly need to cut the wind noise and I'm soliciting recommendations on a full face helmet, likely with blue tooth capability, if only to hear my gps. I appreciate any feedback others may have in this area!

Speaking as one who had an off and his helmet struck the roadway back in April, the helmet that best fits your head!!! More specifically I’d reccomend either Arai or Shoei depending on head shape... they’re pricey but the shoei GT air II in particular is quiet and suits riding a big cruiser. Ultimately it’s about best fit, get some earplugs too there are several that allow you to hear comms but block out harmful noise.

When I buy a helmet I basically try on almost everything in the shop and get the best fit.....

For Bluetooth I recommend the Cardo packtalk bold, voice activated and it actually raises or lowers the volume depending on ambient noise.... best comms unit I’ve ever had, way better than the SENA!!

Back