Front wheel from '08 fit my 2016?

The Roadster has the axle inserted from the opposite side.
I'm not sure if this would make any difference.
Are the bearing size's the same both sides ?

At some point in time, Triumph changed the front wheel for some unknown reason. Look and see which side the axle goes in from. The seals are different on each side. Either wheel can be used, but may require swapping the forks from one side to the other. And of course you need a new enough wheel, that it has the mounting face for the ABS ring to bolt onto. I have a 2013 wheel on one of my 05's, no problem, just switched the forks around. Not sure what year ABS came out.:)

At some point in time, Triumph changed the front wheel for some unknown reason. Look and see which side the axle goes in from. The seals are different on each side. Either wheel can be used, but may require swapping the forks from one side to the other. And of course you need a new enough wheel, that it has the mounting face for the ABS ring to bolt onto. I have a 2013 wheel on one of my 05's, no problem, just switched the forks around. Not sure what year ABS came out.:)

wouldn't that put the brakes in the front of forks?

Pretty sure it was 2010 when ABS came along for the Roadster

Wheels will switch no problem, however to keep the wheel turning the right direction, swapping the forks may be necessary. The fork tubes are the same, the seal on the side of the wheel where the axle slides in from, is larger than the seal on the other side. You almost have to have both in front of you, to understand the difference.

That would be a batch if the front wheel turned the other way for sure.
:confused:

Back