Front turn signals/indicators.

As best as I can tell the thing a lot of people seem to have against the stock indicators is that they look like.......................... indicators. I think they work fine, especially with LEDs inside them, and look just like, what's the word, indicators. They therefore give a good indication of where I might be going. Making them small and almost invisible or locating them where they can't easily be seen makes no sense at all.

I really like the Rivco mirrors; they're are an excellent idea because a car next to you can see them and you're more likely to notice if you've left them on.

Was this more $hit stirring, Richard??? :p
I actually left the stock signals on.
Twas after a number of comments and then checking out the visibility myself, that I decided to remove the stockers and just go with the Rivco.
They are LED and VERY bright both to the front and to the rear!
:thumbsup:

Was this more $hit stirring, Richard??? :p
I actually left the stock signals on.
Twas after a number of comments and then checking out the visibility myself, that I decided to remove the stockers and just go with the Rivco.
They are LED and VERY bright both to the front and to the rear!
:thumbsup:

Not at all. I think the Rivco mirrors are great. If they didn't cost so much I'd have a set.

I did the same thing @1olbull

@MikeDeY those look great! Really cleans her up well. My question is same as Richards. Do they stand out well to be seen from all directions/levels? That's really the reason I haven't tucked the rear ones in closer yet either.

They are Jardine headers, minus the chrome covers. They didn't fit quite right, so I cut off the mounting studs and wrapped them.

The indicators are very well seen from most angles, but obviously not from the opposite side. In some ways they're better than the stock because they can bee seen from the side and rear very well, but they aren't mounted to the forks like stock, so from the front opposite side, they aren't super visible. A lot like most sport bikes these days.

I'm glad the Touring comes with clear signal lights, I have no problem with how they look at all. Just doing a clear lens conversion of the Roadster and other normal Rockets might do a lot to clean things up. Though the Touring also benefits from having driving lights right above the indicators, without those driving lights those indicators stick right out there and look mildly ludicrous.

http://www.squaredeals-ltd.co.uk/tr...d-roadster-with-dome-style-lenses-18196-p.asp - cheap and cheerful.

To avoid even a hint of orange at rest, replace the 4 orange bulbs with the appropriate orange LED's, but that would require some sort of change to the bike to make the flasher flash at the right speed.

Me, I would like more conspicuity still, so from that point of view I'm considering changes; looks are fine on the Touring imho. There's a German brand, Kellermann, that just came out with their "Bullet 1000" that has a red or white ring around the central orange blinker; the red model is dual intensity so it works as a brake and rear light to augment that. I could see myself changing to something like that assuming it's somewhat easy to fit.

Last edited:
I'd really like to figure out something for the rear indicators. Something that would compliment the front. I just haven't seen anything I want yet.

Back