This happens as we age. ;)

When you do change the seals: there are a set made by Ohlins which are made to fit and are superior - and (here anyway) also cheaper!. You should also polish the fork legs. Suspension place I go to strips, cleans with warm solvent/detergent, polishes and rebuilds for a very reasonable price. Go the whole hog and fit decent cartridges?

Have some AllBalls but odered the Ohlins. 25$ The tubes are shiny and super smooth. When you say cartridges, what do you mean? All internal stay except for the seals and the dust caps and the oil. :thumbsdown:

You are picky barba. I just want the bike to stop.
It's like everything. Until you've ridden on Very Good suspension you have no idea what it's like. And afterwards you miss it.

Same with good Ductile Iron brakes or good tyres or Adaptive lighting - Sometimes the price premium seems exaggerated.
Woe betide the wallet of the uncompromising fellow.

If I upgrade the R3 - I will see if Maxton (or my mate Damian) can re-purpose the current set to fit the Guzzi (40 years old and has cartridges in - but pretty basic ones)

It's like everything. Until you've ridden on Very Good suspension you have no idea what it's like. And afterwards you miss it.

Same with good Ductile Iron brakes or good tyres or Adaptive lighting - Sometimes the price premium seems exaggerated.
Woe betide the wallet of the uncompromising fellow.

If I upgrade the R3 - I will see if Maxton (or my mate Damian) can re-purpose the current set to fit the Guzzi (40 years old and has cartridges in - but pretty basic ones)

Well stated, Amigo!

You searched for - Traxxion Dynamics

AK-20 Axxion Cartridge Kit (AK20T-Rocket III)
$1,099.95

I don't have the skills to require such upgrade. Wish I did.

I try to justify my expenses. I would rather spend those 1700$ traveling to and in the Smokies. Perhaps if I rode another bike with such improvements I would change my mind. Motor-Biking with this gang mounted on the Beasty Rocket is a learning process. I'm still trying to discover the best reference points to stay in my lane and not fall off the road while not falling behind too much. I'll start with springs and 10wt fork oil when the seals are replaced. That's a $700 deal right there.

I don't have the skills to require such upgrade. Wish I did.

I try to justify my expenses. I would rather spend those 1700$ traveling to and in the Smokies. Perhaps if I rode another bike with such improvements I would change my mind. Motor-Biking with this gang mounted on the Beasty Rocket is a learning process. I'm still trying to discover the best reference points to stay in my lane and not fall off the road while not falling behind too much. I'll start with springs and 10wt fork oil when the seals are replaced. That's a $700 deal right there.
No skill have them do it :)

Back