1K9

No'mo Rocket 4 me
Ride
Honda CB1100
How much play is OK between the discs and the base in the front rotors? Usually they are frozen because people do not clean then properly. Mine are being accused of having too much play and are in need of replacement :thumbsdown:o_O

What is the recommended fork oil viscosity when replacing stock front fork springs with Progressives?

If my leakey front seals can be cleaned and stop the leaking, do they still need replacing?

Thank you in advance to those in the know.

I ran 10 weight BelRay with my progressives. 06 bike, I am not a small guy.

Yeah, 9 or 10 sound like what has been recommended in the past.

Nobody knows about my floppy discs? :( They also say that the 3.5 mm rotors I got as spares will melt on the Rocket. :banghead:
I think that is BS but they are the experts.

The seal that was leaking has stopped for now so that takes care of that.

Also, chasing Anthony has caused my bike to acquire a head shake at slow speeds. Is this a font head adjustment issue? The front tire is new and balanced. How hard is it to check if my head is screwed on tight?

Who fitted the front tyre? The axel pinch bolts may account for the head shake problem - they need to be tightened in the correct order.

Your floaters should sit in round holes and from new mine had about ONE millimeter of play back and forth

I am just curious, how long has your new front tire bent on your bike? I replaced mine about a year-and-a-half ago and had a real bad shimmy in my front end. I did everything to my bike. Took the screen off, took saddlebags off, readjusted headstock bearings for five times. Took the wheel off and had it rebalanced. Come to find out it was the new tire I had put on the bike. It was an Avon cobra. Call Avon up told them the problem and they took care of it.

MarkC

Rick,
I be confused about your reported "rotor play" because from my experience with removing rotors, there is no play and they fit snug to the wheels.
Obtain and try a Seal Mate. It worked for me and tis inexpensive and well worth a try before disassembling your forks.
Fix Leaking Fork Seals With | SealMate.net
Because of the Rocket weight and my weight, I run Bel-Ray 15#.

Rick,
I be confused about your reported "rotor play" because from my experience with removing rotors, there is no play and they fit snug to the wheels.
Obtain and try a Seal Mate. It worked for me and tis inexpensive and well worth a try before disassembling your forks.
Fix Leaking Fork Seals With | SealMate.net
Because of the Rocket weight and my weight, I run Bel-Ray 15#.

They are snug all right. There is a lot of play in the thingy joints that make them floating discs. As far as the fork leaking. Where do you pour this SealMate product?

I am just curious, how long has your new front tire bent on your bike? I replaced mine about a year-and-a-half ago and had a real bad shimmy in my front end. I did everything to my bike. Took the screen off, took saddlebags off, readjusted headstock bearings for five times. Took the wheel off and had it rebalanced. Come to find out it was the new tire I had put on the bike. It was an Avon cobra. Call Avon up told them the problem and they took care of it.

MarkC

The tire was mounted late February. It did not present the malady until recently. How did you convince them that it was the tire?

Who fitted the front tyre? The axel pinch bolts may account for the head shake problem - they need to be tightened in the correct order.

Your floaters should sit in round holes and from new mine had about ONE millimeter of play back and forth

There are two. How can order be an issue? Now, the floaters have a lot of play. Ill go to a new R3 at the store and give them a good shake and call back.

Back