Different Brand Front and Rear Tires

Devildawg

.020 Over
Ride
2020 Rocket 3 GT, formerly2017 Rocket III Roadster
Hey there! I am finally up for my tire replacement. When looking in the owner's manual it says do not use different brands for the front and rear. I have been looking at going to Excedra Max and maybe an Exedra for the front. It seems like a lot of people do different brands front and back. Is there anything I should worry about doing that? The Exedra rear and Avon front seem to be a popular option or the Exedra rear and Pirelli front. What is the reason I should not mix brands? I got just under 9000 miles on the stock set which was mostly put on since January this year which didn't seem too bad. Thanks!

Cant answer why you shouldn’t other than engineers that say you shouldn’t certainly know why there saying it, i can only add to your thread that ive run the same and have mixed without any problems such as wrecking, currently max up front and night dragon rear and i ride on my edge on a touring, my edge may not be on edge far enough to learn why they say it but youre right alot of riders mix brands for whatever reason, mine is i trust the max up front when pushing my 1000# hard into corners and im trying the night dragon on rear for grip not mileage. Its the best settup for me so far.

Back