Front fender rail plus embellishment

Joesmoe

IMOKUR2
Ride
Triumph: 2014 Rocket III Touring
My daughter installed this - thanks to @Ishrub for locating it !

20190316_192833.jpg

A long time ago folks so no more of these front guard rails but I may have found another set of pannier rails;):D

In case anyone cares, there is something missing in the instructions, or a couple of things.

First, the kit includes longer bolts for attaching the rear of the rails to the front fender mounts. These are impossible to insert with the front tire in place. So I'm using the old, shorter bolts temporarily until I'm in a position to remove the front wheel.

Less interesting, is how imprecise are the locating instructions -- one must drill two holes in the fender, corresponding to the bracket attaching the front part of the rails. With no location marks (such as the dots on the handle bars), measuring on a curved surface can be challenging, and the instructions seem incomplete in this respect.

Last edited:
In case anyone cares, there is something missing in the instructions, or a couple of things.

First, the kit includes longer bolts for attaching the rear of the rails to the front fender mounts. These are impossible to insert with the front tire in place. So I'm using the old, shorter bolts temporarily until I'm in a position to remove the front wheel.

Less interesting, is how imprecise are the locating instructions -- one must drill two holes in the fender, corresponding to the bracket attaching the front part of the rails. With no location marks (such as the dots on the handle bars), measuring on a curved surface can be challenging, and the instructions seem incomplete in this respect.
Not sure if the touring is like the real Rockets but if so you can pull the front fender without removing the wheel.

I agree the directions are less than perfect. I was able to get the longer bolts in with the wheel still on the bike. Its tricky but can be done.

Back