The first service should not touch the brakes, jack the front wheel up spin it and apply the brakes if all is good hit the open road now as you approach 100mph gently apply the brakes getting firmer as you slow down, after you pay the speeding ticket let us know how it went.

What he mentioned is how you seat the pads to the rotors, you actually want to do it a few times like that with a good 60 seconds between events. It’s the shortcut to getting the pads fully matching the rotors.

Alternatively you can squeeze the front brake while rolling open the throttle at around 60 mpg, give it enough brake to prevent any acceleration and about 25% throttle. Gets the brakes very hot very quickly and will seat the pads as well. 10 seconds at a time, 2-3 minutes apart, 4 or 5 times.

If the noise is still there I’d be surprised after doing either method. If it is, have them pull the pads out and put some copper grease on the back of the pads.

My front brakes make that noise since I have had it.

Had new brakes fitted about 4500kms ago and at low speed I get that noise.
@Claviger I will give your advice ago tommorow.

If you have HH pads fitted, you'll get a "grinding" noise at low speed, not a great sound, but worth it for the phenomenal improvement in braking power and reduced dust.

The first service should not touch the brakes, jack the front wheel up spin it and apply the brakes if all is good hit the open road now as you approach 100mph gently apply the brakes getting firmer as you slow down, after you pay the speeding ticket let us know how it went.
$amn i did not do it right. I thought it was suppose to be done while doing 130 MPH. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

$amn i did not do it right. I thought it was suppose to be done while doing 130 MPH. :roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

I usually do a drag of the rear around the neighborhood, then hit the freeway and do a few warp speed to legal speed braking runs with increasing brake pressure each time to work them in slowly, never had an issue with abnormal noises doing it like this.

This also holds true for cars with HH pads.

Back