Free unrestricted maps for Rocket R GT and TFC now online

Sorry, should have been more specific. It’s a 2020 rocket r. Fresh download of the new non google play store TuneEcu.
Also realized that the battery voltage was only at 11.6. I wonder if that’s the issue?

I used the Google store version and had to send an email to register it. I wonder if that matters on your end.
Apparently, and very recently (last couple weeks/days) it was removed from the play store and you can only download through the site itself. The software is up and running and registered. Letting the battery get back up to 12+V to see if that’s the issue. Will report back.

I am running TuneECU 5.2.40 from the TuneECU.fr site. I think the news is that you have to register your bike upon connection (once), so an internet connection is needed to allow TuneECU to communicate with the TuneECU licence database. It appears you can register up to five different bikes (ECUs) with a "normal" license. Once a bike is registered, you do not need to be connected to the internet when using TuneECU, as your bike configuration is stored in the users.lic file in the TuneECU directory on your device.
If you plan to use TuneECU on more than five different bikes, there is a pro license available. Alain has put a lot of years and efforts into developing TuneECU. Today, many professional/commercial tuners are using his software and I think it is ok for him to ask for a fair share via this license scheme.

I am running TuneECU 5.2.40 from the TuneECU.fr site. I think the news is that you have to register your bike upon connection (once), so an internet connection is needed to allow TuneECU to communicate with the TuneECU licence database. It appears you can register up to five different bikes (ECUs) with a "normal" license. Once a bike is registered, you do not need to be connected to the internet when using TuneECU, as your bike configuration is stored in the users.lic file in the TuneECU directory on your device.
If you plan to use TuneECU on more than five different bikes, there is a pro license available. Alain has put a lot of years and efforts into developing TuneECU. Today, many professional/commercial tuners are using his software and I think it is ok for him to ask for a fair share via this license scheme.

yeah not at all complaining about that. I have the software with the normal license registered. Happy to support. So I don’t believe that’s the issue. There wasn’t any prompt to register the specific bike, just selected an email to associate with the software for registration, which I did. Tune loads to 100 percent but then gives the download failed dialog box. Then Prompts to turn the bike off for 5 seconds. Turn it back on and it then prompts to run the recovery. I do that, and the same thing happens.
The only thing I can think of right now is that battery voltage was at 11.6v for some reason. Maybe the tender isn’t cutting it. I hooked it up to my optimate charger and will check it in a few hours and try when voltage is above 12.
If anyone has any other insights it’s super appreciated.

Yep. The process of writing the maps seems to draw quite some power, so leave the bike connected to a proper charger and remove the headlight fuse. That should do it.
He's right, of he's able to get the loading percentage then the issue is not licensing.

I guess I got lucky when uploading the tune withoit supplementary power. I just removed the headlight fuse, removed ALL bluetooth connections, and lowered the brightness of the dash to the minimum.

I agree. It’s a fantastic product that is incredibly helpful to a lot of people. And anybody tuning more than five bikes with one license should have to pay for a professional license. Frankly I felt the software was incredibly cheap and underpriced. He should charge $50 at least given the amount of development and skill that has gone into it and the benefit derived by so many. Just my .02.

yeah not at all complaining about that. I have the software with the normal license registered. Happy to support. So I don’t believe that’s the issue. There wasn’t any prompt to register the specific bike, just selected an email to associate with the software for registration, which I did. Tune loads to 100 percent but then gives the download failed dialog box. Then Prompts to turn the bike off for 5 seconds. Turn it back on and it then prompts to run the recovery. I do that, and the same thing happens.
The only thing I can think of right now is that battery voltage was at 11.6v for some reason. Maybe the tender isn’t cutting it. I hooked it up to my optimate charger and will check it in a few hours and try when voltage is above 12.
If anyone has any other insights it’s super appreciated.
I bet it’s low voltage. Make sure you put a battery charger on it that can push out some decent amps. Not a trickle charger. One designed to bring a dead battery back.

The voltage recommended by Tune-ECU is at least 12.5V at upload.
I have had lower numbers and it worked. But never as far down as 11.8.
If you pulled the headlight fuse, you still need about 2A to keep it above 12.5.

Back