Found the problem

Ignition switch goes bad erratically and gradually, I doubt it's the key. I've been richarding around with mine for over a year, finally bought a @DEcosse keyless system.

Yessirree!
That there "richarding around" tis indeed a PITA!

Congrats.jpg

Guzzi Dan is coming over tomorrow to help me install it and my Stebel horn, I pushed my luck long enough, as I always do.

How did your steibel horn install go? Next thing I want to do. Where did you place it?

Hope you don't mind if I 'horn' in with how I did my install. I mounted mine to the bottom leg of my right side engine guard using a hose clamp with a rubber cushion(Home Depot plumbing department). To me it looks like it belongs there and blends in because it is black and silver in color. It sounds much like a freight train horn............loud.........:D:thumbsup: PS If you are interested I can post a picture of the wiring diagram I found on the internet. My horn is a Chinese knockoff of the Stebel. I bought it on Amazon. The instructions were terrible thus the Internet search for a sensible diagram. I mounted the included relay where the original horn was located. That makes connection for the original horn wires very easy.

20180929_104108.jpg

Last edited:
You all have a horn on your bike? Nine out of ten when it is require to use a horn i find myself yelling at the top of my lungs (Marine trained) "WHAT THE FUC$ ARE YOU THINKING" Works every time.:roll::roll::roll::roll::roll::roll:

Hope you don't mind if I 'horn' in with how I did my install. I mounted mine to the bottom leg of my right side engine guard using a hose clamp with a rubber cushion(Home Depot plumbing department). To me it looks like it belongs there and blends in because it is black and silver in color. It sounds much like a freight train horn............loud.........:D:thumbsup: PS If you are interested I can post a picture of the wiring diagram I found on the internet. My horn is a Chinese knockoff of the Stebel. I bought it on Amazon. The instructions were terrible thus the Internet search for a sensible diagram. I mounted the included relay where the original horn was located. That makes connection for the original horn wires very easy.

20180929_104108.jpg
Thanks, very interested!

Back