kev

Phantom
Ride
MY2014 R3 Roadster
there are a few examples I have seen, can anyone suggest or recomend a brand or design. I was thinking of building a set of my own using the original bottom rails that currently have the foot pegs gear lever brake level and master cylinder attached, with a few mods I am sure I can get them to do what I want

Relax dude!!! should have your answer by Christmas:p:D...Anyway can i ask why you want to re-invent the wheel? as the original controls are pretty good if you want to keep the rails and make your own..

I don't have any experience here. someone posted here a day or two ago on forward controlls. His were too far forward like 11' forward of stock.

Relax dude!!! should have your answer by Christmas:p:D...Anyway can i ask why you want to re-invent the wheel? as the original controls are pretty good if you want to keep the rails and make your own..
Thanks joesoap, thats exactly what I want to do "RELAX" my riding position a little. Been on Harleys for a long time, still have one and the one thing I miss on my R3 is the seating position and the outstretched legs of the Harley ride. Im not planning on re-inventing the wheel, (they are fine) haha just want stretch the legs a bit.

I don't have any experience here. someone posted here a day or two ago on forward controlls. His were too far forward like 11' forward of stock.
Made some templates for brackets which will put my controls about 11 forward of stock also, but retaining the rail on the right side to mount the master cylinder etc.I will see how it looks before I make a final decision to remove the rail completly and re-manufacture another mount for the master cylinder. I notice there are a few other threads regarding forward controls I will also check them out cheers

That was me @BigNorm the reason I haven’t posted was because the refined cycle forward kit I have uses there own brackets not the foot rail like OP wanted

@kev refinedcycles make a good kit has fair few options for toe pegs and shifter designs and imho it cleans up the look of the bike. My only problem was 11inch was just a tad out of reach for me but if that’s bang in for you they are a very good option you should check out

That was me @BigNorm the reason I haven’t posted was because the refined cycle forward kit I have uses there own brackets not the foot rail like OP wanted

@kev refinedcycles make a good kit has fair few options for toe pegs and shifter designs and imho it cleans up the look of the bike. My only problem was 11inch was just a tad out of reach for me but if that’s bang in for you they are a very good option you should check out

I have done some preliminary measurements and it seems that they will be in the correct position, but I wont know for sure until I get the brackets made and get some foot pegs on there however I will say that 11" would be the max I could have them maybe I will have to bring them in a little, like yourself.

take pics!:)

The front brackets are only in the cardboard template stage right now, hopefully making some steel ones up during the week, its the master cylinder mount that is a bit perplexing I dont want to butcher the original and cut the rail off because then I will have to support the front of that bracket/mount somewhere to stop the master cylinder moving around when foot brake pressure is applied

Back