Forward..but not to forward

Makes sense mate, in the photo looks the same length that’s why I mentioned it but your reasoning is sound brother.

End of the day that’s what customising is all about and sounds like you got a great finished product.

Well done

hi all
seems that the design and the position of my new forward controls are a hit, both additional sets I made are sold. Local owners saw them when I was at shopping centre recently and they were a perfect fit for them. Any other interest from members will necessitate a new manufacturing run, most businesses back from holidays now so should only take a week or so to put together then a week for powdercoating. Surprisingly nothing from this site other than 1 like from Boog, as most of the chat about the ones available previous to mine were negative either by price or design??. Anyway the end of the day I am totally impressed by the control improvement and the comfort is perfect makes longer rides even more enjoyable.

hi all
seems that the design and the position of my new forward controls are a hit, both additional sets I made are sold. Local owners saw them when I was at shopping centre recently and they were a perfect fit for them. Any other interest from members will necessitate a new manufacturing run, most businesses back from holidays now so should only take a week or so to put together then a week for powdercoating. Surprisingly nothing from this site other than 1 like from Boog, as most of the chat about the ones available previous to mine were negative either by price or design??. Anyway the end of the day I am totally impressed by the control improvement and the comfort is perfect makes longer rides even more enjoyable.

G’day there mate. I think it’s a fantastic looking job. Now .. will these mount up on a 2007 Classic with floor boards?

I am not a boards fan .. and it loos like the R3 I am trading for will have them :-(

How to rectify ? Hmmmm ....

G’day there mate. I think it’s a fantastic looking job. Now .. will these mount up on a 2007 Classic with floor boards?

I am not a boards fan .. and it loos like the R3 I am trading for will have them :-(

How to rectify ? Hmmmm ....
Have you read the whole thread as all is revealed. Maybe swap with somebody who wants Classic Floorboards for their R3 Standard pegs or even a full swap with a Roadster to bring the pegs closer back to middle.
Put a wanted ad in Classified forum here or check others wanted as plenty of folks overtime have wanted to swap and everything is doable with relative ease simply bolt on.
Others with long legs also use these now improved US made Fwd controls for about Au$470 + BIG $$$$$ postage from the US.
Link: FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

If you want a set I have a new unused set here in Oz you can have for Au$400 delivered.

Note you cannot use them with front engine guards and aftermarket performance headers may be a problem too, heat wise.

Last edited:
Have you read the whole thread as all is revealed. Maybe swap with somebody who wants Classic Floorboards for their R3 Standard pegs or even a full swap with a Roadster to bring the pegs closer back to middle.
Put a wanted ad in Classified forum here or check others wanted as plenty of folks overtime have wanted to swap and everything is doable with relative ease simply bolt on.
Others with long legs also use these now improved US made Fwd controls for about Au$470 + BIG $$$$$ postage from the US.
Link: FC17 Forward Controls Triumph Rocket III Roadster Classic Standard & Rocket X

If you want a set I have a new unused set here in Oz you can have for Au$400 delivered.

Note you cannot use them with front engine guards and aftermarket performance headers may be a problem too, heat wise.

This is fantastic news :)

I am keen on the R3 I’m looking at, but am reluctant re boards.

I don’t think a Forward kit is the answer, and I have ridden a Roadster and found the knee angle a bit too 90 degree, so I think something in the middle is the go.

Something like the standard setup.

You may well be my saviour :)

I will hopefully acquire the 07/08 Classic, and then yes, your peg set at $400, for sure mate :)

I don’t have long legs, only 6 ft tall, 6 ft 1” in boots. Don’t think forwards are the go?

And also, being an upright naked bike / sports tourer rider my whole life, the idea of feet way out in front seems to be not for me. Plus, weight on the tail bone, lack of bike control etc.

Forwards obviously work for some, can’t see them suiting me. Horses for courses ...

This is fantastic news :)

I am keen on the R3 I’m looking at, but am reluctant re boards.

I don’t think a Forward kit is the answer, and I have ridden a Roadster and found the knee angle a bit too 90 degree, so I think something in the middle is the go.

Something like the standard setup.

You may well be my saviour :)

I will hopefully acquire the 07/08 Classic, and then yes, your peg set at $400, for sure mate :)

Yeah but that $400 price was for the Fwd controls you do not want. ;):D

You have seen my other post in the thread re R3 Std rails and pegs now.

Back