Forced Coolant Change...(Burst hose)

Hoses already showed up this afternoon :thumbsup: .
Now just need to decide on coolant. Alot of reading has suggested the Honda blue coolant, which looks like the Zerex Asian (blue) it a good match for. Biggest thing I see as difference between that and the G-05 is the G-05 is LOW silicate, NO Phosphate, heavy duty European formula
and the Zerex Asian is "designed to meet OEM blue/green silicate free HOAT requirements".

Seems silicates can be hard on water pumps and seals?
I was thinking on using G05 Zerex. I can't afford the triumph coolant right now. Any thoughts on using the G05?

I ended up going with the Blue, Asian formula which is supposedly the same used in the Honda Motorcycles.

Glad i found this thread. I also had this happen to me but it was really close to home. i rmeber seeing some white smoke behind me... pulled into my parking spot and the coolant light came on, so i guess i didn't damage anything... hopefully.
It took me a few minutes to look up the parts. For anyone who find this.
Part numbers for all the OEM style rubber hoses are
T2105115
T2105117
T2108326
T2105116
T3622512
T3622511

Samco Kit
Part # to search for is TRI-1 and CK TRI-1 for the clamps but you do not need them. keep reading!

Use whatever coolant is compliant I use Zerex Dex-Cool orange.
A while ago i did a flush using thermocure's flush kit... 12 flushes of distilled later and a TON of crud came out

the Samco Silicone kit that was mentioned in this thread is found on amazon, eBay, or www.racingpowersports.com as mentioned above if you have the ability to get a discount. Right now its $165 for the kit before tax but if you go though ebay and use paypal and sign up for a credit financiing.... 6 months no APR you get an additional $40 off... this beats any 10% military or whatever you can otherwise swing.
I just ordered the parts and the hose clamp kit looks identical to the OEM style clamps... i skipped the clamps as its an additional $40 i feel you do not need to spend. If you DO want the best clamps... they are on amazon and a bolt style, not a twist screw type that pinches the hose.

Back