Forced Coolant Change...(Burst hose)

Stillserving

LET'S GO BRANDON
Ride
86' Magna, 2017 R3R
OK, well I popped the short inner coolant hose on the water pump this afternoon on the way home. Was able to make a parking lot repair w/ some 1" heater hose and some clamps to get the remaining 10 miles home. So, now is as good a time as any to upgrade to Samco hoses. Anybody got a recent purchase or know of the cheapest price going right now?

Next question...what are you guys running for coolant besides the Triumph stuff? Xerex G-05? Any other options I should be checking out?

OK, well I popped the short inner coolant hose on the water pump this afternoon on the way home. Was able to make a parking lot repair w/ some 1" heater hose and some clamps to get the remaining 10 miles home. So, now is as good a time as any to upgrade to Samco hoses. Anybody got a recent purchase or know of the cheapest price going right now?

Next question...what are you guys running for coolant besides the Triumph stuff? Xerex G-05? Any other options I should be checking out?
Been using it for 6 years no problems!

So, racingpowersports.com has them for a good price. $146.25 for the hoses and $30.95 for the clamps. If you order on their website they have a 10% military/veteran/ LEO/EMS/FF discount code too for those that qualify. They also have the same price W/O the discount on ebay.

Last edited:
Hoses already showed up this afternoon :thumbsup: .
Now just need to decide on coolant. Alot of reading has suggested the Honda blue coolant, which looks like the Zerex Asian (blue) it a good match for. Biggest thing I see as difference between that and the G-05 is the G-05 is LOW silicate, NO Phosphate, heavy duty European formula
and the Zerex Asian is "designed to meet OEM blue/green silicate free HOAT requirements".

Seems silicates can be hard on water pumps and seals?

I use the evans waterless coolant, nothing different can be added to it, it has helped with temps Not rising.

Attachments

• 04A4BCB3-D7FD-4109-997C-F72B0E9EC44F.png
    04A4BCB3-D7FD-4109-997C-F72B0E9EC44F.png
    397.4 KB · Views: 9
Maybe when I'm as hopped up as you!! Until then I'm trying to stick to something a little more common in case I need to top off somewhere for some reason.

Yeah i have to carry a little just in case. It does help though, bike makes most horsepower at 85cel and evans holds at 91c 92c we found out on last tune. If we could keep it at 85c we could get all them horses

Back