Foot control relocation

More to the point, why aren't they both offered? They have all the bits. Why does Triumph think it not only knows where everyone wants their feet, but why did it think everyone wanted them moved? And why the hell didn't they make it so the pegs could be moved along the rails? They could have made a fortune in linkage/ relocation kits.

I do like those rearsets they would solve the peg rail scraping up the front. But I would just push harder and scrape the engine cases or something else. So best just leave the peg rails on.

Why do you reckon the Factory dropped the front of the footpeg rails on the Roadsters like they did... anyone worked out why ??

Do you think Triumph was trying to attract younger riders by moving the pegs back? It appears they shot themselves in the foot by alienating the more mature riders who actually can afford to ride an R3. If I had known of the similar discomfort as expressed by the other youth challenged here, I most certainly would NOT have bought a Roadster.

Do you think Triumph was trying to attract younger riders by moving the pegs back?
Or European riders - Personally the forward pegs were wrong for me - I fitted Classic Footboards from Day1. But my feet are always to the rear of them - The Roadster pegs I liked. Rearsets would be too much - now!. 20 years ago. mmmm.

I've wondered how manageable the girl would be with forward controls. I steer a lot with my hips and thighs and have thought that would more difficult with my legs extended - slightly less leverage 'n all??

Does anyone remember those lovely little stubbies someone machined for some additional foot positioning? They clamped to the rails a bit behind the pegs for a place to rest your heel. Kilderouge made them himself, and also did the linkage swap to right hand shift/left brake.

The thread was about his change stock rider pegs for the passenger.

http://www.r3owners.net/accessories/9260-replacing-crappy-oe-rear-pegs.html

I think these pics should come through.

Attachments

• P1000447.jpg
    P1000447.jpg
    168.5 KB · Views: 105
  • P1000450.jpg
    P1000450.jpg
    162.1 KB · Views: 109
Back