Foot control relocation

dougl

Living Legend
Ride
2007 R3 Classic
I sold my 2005 Rocket and got a T-Bird. I considered a Roadster but don't like the mid controls. Is it possible to retrofit the new Roadsters with the older R3 foot controls?

I second that Question!

I just bought a used 2011 R3R with the mid-controls. It felt fine in the showroom. But after about 1/2 hour in the saddle my hip joints are pinching out loud!

Emailed the Triumph dealer; so far no reply. Yes, please Help!

foot rest

Hi a mate of mine did fit a set from earlier model without to much trouble. getting hold of full set will probably be more difficult.
cheers

I really like my T-Bird but I'm getting Rocket envy. I moved my feet back about 4 inches on the Bird today to mimic the Roadster and it doesn't work. I have the hip deal too. Maybe I'll ask the dealer about changing the foot position. I would also need pullback bars and a comfy seat with a backrest like my 2005 Rocket. Getting old is a drag.

It has been done the only thing you need to do is have brake line made up to suit because of the different lengths line and the roadster having ABS, The Std rails should not to be to hard to get or you can go for the Std foot board conversion as I did The Classic footboards are no longer available and they sit approx. 1 inch lower. if you are looking to go for the Std pegs and Rails and are unable to get some nearby PM me and we can work out a price plus postage :)

It has been done the only thing you need to do is have brake line made up to suit because of the different lengths line and the roadster having ABS, The Std rails should not to be to hard to get or you can go for the Std foot board conversion as I did The Classic footboards are no longer available and they sit approx. 1 inch lower. if you are looking to go for the Std pegs and Rails and are unable to get some nearby PM me and we can work out a price plus postage :)

It's unlikely that I would get rid of the T-Bird but it's eating at me.

Any half decent fabricator would do the conversion in a days work. Purchasing the parts ,footpeg rails etc from Triumph is an expensive exercise. Having whatever you have modded is the cheaper way to go.. it's not rocket science after all ;)

Back