pastorfreak

Supercharged
How does everyone like the fly screen at for those who ride with one? Does it out the wind over your head or right into your face? I am 6 foot 1 for hight comparison.

Freak

My guess is that the fly screen takes the push of the wind off your chest but the wind still hammers your eyeballs, unless you wear a face shield.

My guess is that the fly screen takes the push of the wind off your chest but the wind still hammers your eyeballs, unless you wear a face shield.

Correct. But with a face shield, it does a good job of deflecting the wind, up to about 100mph. I am pleased with mine. BTW, Triumph has justed added a clear (vs. painted) version of it to its 2007 catalogue. Jamie

I've used several height wind screens on various bikes over the years. All previously were for the sole purpose of reducing arm fatigue, from the wind pressure on my chest. I defer to those with fly screens for an assessment on how much relief that small of a screen actually provides. I'd need a lot of convincing. I now have the taller tourer wind screen but the wind strikes me, force magnified, square on the face shield (5'11"). Perhaps if I had the "summer" screen the max velocity zone would strike at a lower more comfortable zone. I don't look forward to another impact with a dragonfly on my sun glasses. Though I don't care for wasps down my jacket either. But perhaps the strike zone with a fly screen would be square on the tool shed; and, impact would be less felt.

I have a flyscreen and I like it, it does take some of the blast off of your chest. It does have a little bit of steering input at times but nothing bad. It will funnel bugs right into your faceshield. All in all, I'd rather have it than not.

The flyscreen does an excellent job of taking the wind off of my torso. It does however, somewhat direct the airflow towards the face. (i'm 6 ft.) Call me crazy...but i kinda snicker every time a big ole' bug smacks my faceshield. Take that sucker! Also, me thinks it improves the look of the frontend. Bigern

I use the 16" Windvest which is not a lot bigger than a flyscreeen. The design keeps the wind off my eyeballs so I can ride with an open face helmet on hot day. Then I switch to a helmet with a face shield in cooler weather.

The fly screen is very stylish.

Interesting discussion,and I have to reply that we have some pretty large flying exoskeletal UFO's cruise to oblivion on my neck,chest, face shield,arms etc.Not being partial to a windshield until just recently.My 1st impression was that it was like riding in a top down sports car just in a different riding position.

Interesting discussion,and I have to reply that we have some pretty large flying exoskeletal UFO's cruise to oblivion on my neck,chest, face shield,arms etc.Not being partial to a windshield until just recently.My 1st impression was that it was like riding in a top down sports car just in a different riding position.

Do you mean with the flyscreen this is how you felt?

Freak

Back