New Giant Fly First Run

Don't get me wrong - I had Series1 Speakers in and they were way better than stock. And the Series2 you have are better still.

And if you ride mostly on main (high) beam then frankly the adaptive solution may not offer much advantage. I seldom use main beam. If you ever saw the adaptive first run video I posed - you'd have seen we have a fair amount of traffic - though nowhere near as much as the UK. Our danger comes from wild-boar and drunks (thankfully less and less at the wheel).
I have the lights set up for High beam. Not blinding any one. The light pattern is great and it has saved my ass more than once. Traffic at 1:00 AM is light and do not have a problem even with the late night truck drivers. Guessing you figured it out., :D:D:D:D

So then I assume it is the standard Fly and not the XL version made by a fellow (forget his name) in England.
I find the XL version works nearly as well as the OEM shield.
Never rode a bike with a shield of any kind. Kind of what you might call a die hard. The stock fly works great. It looks good too. Really like the Rocket X and with all do respect do not believe much else would work and follow the lines of the X.

We did. That was deleted. I apologize. That did not come out right. Keep the suggestions coming. :):) Was really tired , hot and drunk. should not have posted after my experience with the Honda shop.

but seriously, fly screen really works great. triple digit speeds are difficult with out one.im kind o tall ,so had to play with mine a little to find the sweet spot. raised it up about 3or4''to compensate, otherwise in the stock position noticed strong helmet buffeting.

but seriously, fly screen really works great. triple digit speeds are difficult with out one.im kind o tall ,so had to play with mine a little to find the sweet spot. raised it up about 3or4''to compensate, otherwise in the stock position noticed strong helmet buffeting.

Pics..... show us how you raised it

im totally inept when it comes to this computer ,cant even get my avatar squared away. but I will walk you thru what I did. using your stock mounting kit .loosen both brackets and if you have used the rubber gaskets ,remove all 4 brackets. slide both brackets, on each leg, all the way up against the triple tree.so both brackets are touching .this will render the stock mounting hole usless and you have to drill a new hole for the top clamp against the triple tree because now the distance between the mounting holes is closer.use the stock lower hole on the bracket . and mount screen bracket with 1 bolt. mark the location of the new hole and take the bracket back off and drill a new mounting hole. put it back together and your done.i put a bolt and a chrome acorn nut to fill the now useless upper mounting hole ,although this is a good spot for some auxiliary lighting.also while your doing this it affords a chance to change the angle of the screen also, buy changing the location of the new top hole.this also leaves a larger gap between the headlights and the screen,but I found the fly in the stock position sent all the wind right in my face .hope this helps

I mounted my XL fly screen and took t on its first decent ride.
Did 750 fun miles in the hot sun across WA State.
Visited the Spokane Veterans Home with my Blue Knight club.
there are three in the state and we visit each one every year.

The director wanted a pix:
Spokane-Vets-Home.jpg
Not trying to butt in here, but I believe my wife met you around Ellensburg on your trip while riding with her girlfriend, she said she talked with a fellow riding a rocket with the club fly screen and asked a few questions for myself since I have been searching g forever for one.
One quick question, how did you order it and from who, I found the guy overseas but was unable to buy due to EBay say I g it could not be shipped to my address is the tri cities. Any help would be greatly appreciated. If you are not the guy she met, sorry for the mistake, by the way it looks killer on your bike.

Back