Floorboards/Footboards on a Rocket

Slartibartfast

.020 Over
Ride
M109R
While I see plenty of products for the previous Rocket III I'm yet to come across anything for the 2.5L Rocket.
Has anyone fitted footboards to their R3?

Bumping this up to the top. I am looking at floorboard options for the R3GT. I know a few folks have the 2300cc R3 Roadster and also the 2500cc Rocket. Wondering if I can get someone to compare the driver peg compatibility whether I take a 2300cc Roadster driver peg and mount on a 2500cc R3? Reason I ask is, Kuryakyan makes the peg adapters for the 2300cc Roadsters driver peg mounts. Then you can use any of the Kuryakyan peg or floorboard or peg options. I had the touring with floorboards already, so not sure of the roadster driver pegs.

If no one has a quick solution, I will drive around the local area looking for a pre-2020 Roadster and measure the driver pegs.

While not pertinent to your inquiry and just a late response FYI - This was a worthwhile effort on my 2 Roadsters as I gained nearly an inch more lean angle than yielded by the OEM pegs.
I also know from experience your 2.5 already has way more lean than my Roadsters.

Bumping this up to the top. I am looking at floorboard options for the R3GT. I know a few folks have the 2300cc R3 Roadster and also the 2500cc Rocket. Wondering if I can get someone to compare the driver peg compatibility whether I take a 2300cc Roadster driver peg and mount on a 2500cc R3? Reason I ask is, Kuryakyan makes the peg adapters for the 2300cc Roadsters driver peg mounts. Then you can use any of the Kuryakyan peg or floorboard or peg options. I had the touring with floorboards already, so not sure of the roadster driver pegs.

If no one has a quick solution, I will drive around the local area looking for a pre-2020 Roadster and measure the driver pegs.
Am waiting with bated breath...

Checking in again. Wondering if anyone can take a measurement of their roadster pegs? Looking for the width of the peg, like the picture below. Thanks.

My 2023 R3GT measures at 19.3mm wide and the mount is 21.1mm wide.

Attachments

• IMG_2793.jpeg
    IMG_2793.jpeg
    104.1 KB · Views: 5
Last edited:
Found a rocket roadster at my local dealership. Stopped in and took some measurements of the rider pegs. Looks like they’re 24 mm and width. Not sure the pin size, but this is what I found.

Attachments

• IMG_2785.jpeg
    IMG_2785.jpeg
    155.3 KB · Views: 10
Ok, the internet is challenging me. I am having trouble finding measurements for different rider pegs or the sizes of the mounts for different brands. Everything is only listed as OEM to a brand, but doesn’t provide dimensions. Wondering if anyone knows of other manufactures that use a rider peg in a 20mm or smaller?

This may help (not the parts but the fitments) as the front tapered adaptors for Rocket III peg mounts are the same as the descriptions of other peg fitments for other makes/models below. This will expand your option list a lot but the actual foot lever angles and placements are another point to consider and not assured as the Triumph factory option footboards that @1olbull has fitted. I would experiment with 'cheap as chip's EMGO branded generic ones for about US$40 a pair, just to check

Kuryakyn Holdings Front & Rear Tapered Footpeg Mounts - Chrome. Fits Triumph.

Features​

• Fits Front on Triumph Rocket III 2004-2018 Models.
  • Fits Front on Triumph Thunderbird Storm 2010-2018.
  • Fits Rear on Triumph Bonneville SE 1996-2001.
  • Fits Rear on Triumph Bonneville T100 2002-2017.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Thunderbird 1995-2003.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Thunderbird Sport 1998-2003.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Adventurer 1996-2001.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Legend 1999-2001.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Bonneville America 2002-2010.
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Speedmaster 2003-2016.
  • Features​

• Kuryakyn footpegs are a 2-Part System.
    • Select the correct adapter for your bike followed by your choice of Kuryakyn foot pegs.
    • Serrated adapters for a secure attachment.
    • Adjustable angle.
    • Sold as a Pair.
    • Proudly Made by Kuryakyn !
Features
  • Fits Front on Triumph Rocket III 2004-2018 Models
  • Fits Front on Triumph Thunderbird Storm 2010-2018
  • Fits Rear on Triumph Bonneville SE 1996-2001
  • Fits Rear on Triumph Bonneville T100 2002-2017
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Thunderbird 1995-2003
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Thunderbird Sport 1998-2003
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Adventurer 1996-2001
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Legend 1999-2001
  • Front & Rear on Triump h Bonneville America 2002-2010
  • Front & Rear on Triumph Speedmaster 2003-2016
  • Kuryakyn footpegs are a 2-Part System
  • Select the correct adapter for your bike followed by your choice of Kuryakyn foot pegs.
  • Serrated adapters for a secure attachment.
  • Adjustable angle
  • Sold as a Pair
  • Proudly Made by Kuryakyn !

Back