Kim Turner

.040 Over
Ride
2007 triumph Rocket III Classic
Running a 2007 Rocket 3 Classic. What are the recommendations on the type of final drive gear oil? I have heard everything from Royal Purple to Mobil 1??? Was going to go with the Royal Purple 75W90 synthetic, BUT, says on site NOT recommended for motorcycles?
Thank you

This is what I use
IMG_6641.JPG

Here is what I put in my 2010 Rocket 3 Touring:
Gear Oil (1).JPG Gear Oil (2).JPG Gear Oil (3).JPG
I took the specs from the owners manual...
Notice on the last 2 pics. "NOT for use in wet-clutch systems such as those commonly used in motorcycles and ATV transmissions."
This may be what you might have seen on the web site.
The regular motor oil (such as Mobil 1 Racing 4T) serves the transmission as well as the engine. THIS oil is for the final drive, not the transmission.
Hope that might clear things up a bit.
And anyone out there correct me if i am wrong. :)

PS. As I was writing this Mittzy posted his pic. Beat me to it. :p

In the Rocket I used Syntrax Universal 75/90 gear oil super cheap Auto has it 1 litre will last for at least 4 oil changes, However the Kawasaki dealer were I bought my 1400 GTR recommends the Penrite that Mittzy uses in the final drive ,either one would do the job

In the Rocket I used Syntrax Universal 75/90 gear oil super cheap Auto has it 1 litre will last for at least 4 oil changes, However the Kawasaki dealer were I bought my 1400 GTR recommends the Penrite that Mittzy uses in the final drive ,either one would do the job
Triumph manual recommends synthetic

Back