When i read discussions like this one i all ways have a little chuckle to myself afterwards.Because at the end of it i am even more undecided than when i started:laugh: so got to come up with a plan so shall i write down all the brands on bits of paper put them in a hat and let fate decide.Or go with statistics and go with the most mentioned brand i just can't decide:banghead::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: One that i am decided on though its friday and it's beer night:D

When i read discussions like this one i all ways have a little chuckle to myself afterwards.Because at the end of it i am even more undecided than when i started:laugh: so got to come up with a plan so shall i write down all the brands on bits of paper put them in a hat and let fate decide.Or go with statistics and go with the most mentioned brand i just can't decide:banghead::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: One that i am decided on though its friday and it's beer night:D

I wouldn't go nuts over this as I think its more important to just change it using oil with manufacturers specs and manufacturers intervals.

That tiny final gear drive is under insane stress, as the tuned up car engine torque, having been MULTIPLIED going through the transmission (in the lower gears) yanks on it. As a mechanic, I wince in pain on it’s behalf, as I’m doing roll-on wheelies on my R3T. Or, when I smash the throttle, to dispatch dawdlers, whilst two-up.
Use the best gear oil you can find.
I recently ran out of Kal-Gard Moly fortified gear oil. It kept my (well abused) motorcycle final drives alive for the last 39 years.
Amsoil Severe Gear is next.

Motul 300 gear oil 75w90 is the only final drive oil I have used but only have 35000km on the bike and it’s always very clean went it comes out. I am hoping it’s doing it’s job.

I'm using Honda oil, the stuff for the Goldwing. Its a synthetic. I don't trust brands that call their stuff synthetic but don't tell you what the base stock is made from, except in this case.

If it's good enough for them to live 100,000+ miles on a 1000+lb bike, it's good enough for a 700lb bike.

While am not a huge fan is branded fluids like yamalube, Honda fluids, etc, Honda is the one OEM I actually do trust with their engineering. Reputation, in this case, means more to me than any spec or label.

Back