Engine warning light

Herman your a valued member here, we need patient folk like you here to make suggestions and offer help. :) Even though sometimes you feel like:banghead::banghead::banghead:
i realize it seems like i am blaming people for not understanding what i am saying but the fault is with me and my communication skills suck and at 75 there is no way they r going to improve. so will just do what i can.

Hang on guys. The last thing I’m trying to do is be a rock head and post a problem and try to one up the support group! I tried the screw as was discussed on this sight. My logic was with a loose screw, I really couldn’t tighten it up in place. Just no dang room. Kevin I think it was, suggested trying a cap screw. It worked. I could get to it with a Allen wrench. I thought I was explaining how I lowered the tank, gauges etc. I agree the gremlin isn’t gone. This morning and afternoon I was trying to find a sensor to change out the defective one. I found one in Elkart Indiana. It will be here by Monday (Hopefully). I have worked for years with N.O. and N.C. Switches. I agree that in a simple circuit the wire shouldn’t have been the problem. A loose wire, in combination with a a faulty sensor Would cause my problem.
I didn’t catch up to this discussion for hours. If it seems like I’m not staying with you guys in this problem solving, I wish to be clear. I am. As I stated ( I thought) earlier, I was lost on this idiot light. Your combined ideas, I believe, will solve my dilemma. I plan to finish this pain in my @#s by next week. I’ll post the findings

Communication is the biggest issue with any written word. I have often been accused of being an a55hole (and I admit that I am quite a lot), but misunderstanding any intent can also cause relentless head banging. I agree with and understand everything that Herman has said (he and I have tried to help on issues before and I felt the same way he has stated), and I also applaud Chip for not getting butthurt and clarifying his position as well. That is what will keep the info flowing and ideas coming. Kuddos!

Tell ya what, since it's such a small blade, you bring the blade and I'll change it out for an appropriately sized bottle of Jim Beam. How's that sound?

Attachments

• 0048470_jim-beam-50ml.jpeg
    0048470_jim-beam-50ml.jpeg
    20.4 KB · Views: 3
Well, the Sensor was clearly my issue. The new sensor is in place. The crazy thing I struggle with is how can a bike with less than 3000 miles have a failure like this. I come from the Auto industry. ALL parts on a vehicle are life tested. That is how cars have such high run ability. I have been in meetings discussing if a part should have longer life. I have to think that build engineering has used cycle-time testing on these parts. Once again, thank you to all of the Captains for the help. Chip.

Well, the Sensor was clearly my issue. The new sensor is in place. The crazy thing I struggle with is how can a bike with less than 3000 miles have a failure like this. I come from the Auto industry. ALL parts on a vehicle are life tested. That is how cars have such high run ability. I have been in meetings discussing if a part should have longer life. I have to think that build engineering has used cycle-time testing on these parts. Once again, thank you to all of the Captains for the help. Chip.
Well as I said the temperature sensor went bad on mine with less than 20,000 miles, I have not heard of another instance. Murphy's Law prevails!

Back