Engine warning light

Was thinking along your line of reasoning. Why go thru all the dinking around to save a few bucks on the sensor. Just finding a way to work in the space allowed is a pain in the a—. I’m heading down to my shop now. Got a few small honey-do’s for Jamie then I can putz around on the sensor. Thanks you guys....

Was thinking along your line of reasoning. Why go thru all the dinking around to save a few bucks on the sensor. Just finding a way to work in the space allowed is a pain in the a—. I’m heading down to my shop now. Got a few small honey-do’s for Jamie then I can putz around on the sensor. Thanks you guys....
Can use a phillps drive bit with a wrench or 1/4 drive ratchet and socket to turn the bit, if you don't have replacement sender yet. I had replaced factory air filter and related hardware some time ago so don't know if it would be in the way. Best of luck.

Can use a phillps drive bit with a wrench or 1/4 drive ratchet and socket to turn the bit, if you don't have replacement sender yet. I had replaced factory air filter and related hardware some time ago so don't know if it would be in the way. Best of luck.
I had to take the rubber boot from the ar filter to the intake out. The sensor was visible with the air passage removed. Seriously what a pain in the ass! Sorry, bad language. The screw wasn’t tight. My thoughts are to replace the sensor, change from the screw to a small bolt. Once that’s done I think it’s worth the cost to change to a Ramair. That way the rubber boot stays out. I hear that the Ramair kit costs $130.00. Someone said the sensor was only around $20.00. All told, I won’t have $200.00 in this little project. Cheaper than a kick in the pants....
I’m going to attach a photo so everyone can see the mechanics involved.

Attachments

• 13C3027C-FAC8-4D64-A240-9A87B79BC7BE.jpeg
    13C3027C-FAC8-4D64-A240-9A87B79BC7BE.jpeg
    213.9 KB · Views: 23
Pretty simple;););););)
i went to a couple of auto parts stores and trying to match up the part didn’t work. Being a Sunday, no cycle shops are open. I’ll contact the Triumph dealer on Monday. I sure would like to get rid of the small screw on the connector. A stud or even a bolt would be a lot better

U can make a stud.
Take a longer bolt put a nut on it then turn it in to the sensor till it bottoms out move the nut till it touches sensor
Take a diegrinder and cut to length you desire then clean up threads With file then remove nut. Walaa u have a stud

U can make a stud.
Take a longer bolt put a nut on it then turn it in to the sensor till it bottoms out move the nut till it touches sensor
Take a diegrinder and cut to length you desire then clean up threads With file then remove nut. Walaa u have a stud
Yes, if getting a small bolt isn’t a option, your idea will be the fix. Pretty simple....

Put some blue loctite on that screw, sinch down. Ride forget forever or until motor has to come out. just thinking out loud (breaking or messing up that sensor would cause a spewing of fowl language unlike any other since ralphies dads leg lamp got broke or turkey got taken by the dogs) loctite and tighten and fogetaboutit

I posted a print of the Rocket Touring circuit below and it looks like the circuit logic for the oil pressure sending unit is the same as the Roadster. Item #14 is the oil pressure sending unit. The Roadster oil pressure sender appears to be NO from the print. It is hard to tell if this one is NC or NO. It appears to have 2 wires on it but from the picture posted, only has 1 so the sender grounds into the block. Triumph has made this a little confusing. Does anyone know if the circuit logic is set up for a NO or NC sending unit? @DEcosse ??
1607913554100.png

Back