Engine Overhauling - Cam replacement

I do not wish to seem like gratuitous advertising, but 10.5 compression is way too much for stock cams... You will have trouble, your cold cranking will be above 245 psi !! Detonation, overheating, hard to tune etc. Correct cams for the compression to suit will help, whether from me or anyone else. Also there are pistons with less than 10.5 comp, one just needs to look in a different place.

Be aware that MAY upset the amount of "cranking" power you need from the starter. Fit fatter wires to Earth and Starter.
I forgot to mention, that the Rocket is my hobby. Thats´s why I always try to keep her in best condition. The starter had been replaced by a 1.4kw starter with parts from Toyota long ago (thanks to advice in this forum), with stronger wires for sure. Everything is up to date. The gearbox was updated last year as gear # 4 permanently slipped out when accelerating the bike. On this occasion I replaced the stator as well.
Wilbers fitted, fully adjustable fork, LED headlight, lithium ion battery etc....
Georg

I do not wish to seem like gratuitous advertising, but 10.5 compression is way too much for stock cams... You will have trouble, your cold cranking will be above 245 psi !! Detonation, overheating, hard to tune etc. Correct cams for the compression to suit will help, whether from me or anyone else. Also there are pistons with less than 10.5 comp, one just needs to look in a different place.
Thanks for your reply. Do you think that the intake cam replacement by a stock ex-cam will worsen or improve the situation?
Georg

You honour has spoken. So be it!. :notworthy:
ya they hold up well unless you damage the plating like the first two piston I ate in my 06. pulled the liners and pistons out of a used 07 took the pistons and installed them with new liners in the 06 it has over 62,000 miles. thru the 07 liners up on the shelf. long about 2012 a friend broke his crankshaft. and a couple valves which stood up in the cylinders and well the head and pistons and liners did not like that. anyway sold him a crankshaft, and head and gave him the liners I had up on the shelf as I felt his pain. they are holding up quite well in that 07 I am riding yep his job went by the wayside in 2014 and I had 400 hours of vacation time I was turning on my retirement. SO long story short my engine parts came full circle :D

Back