It looks like the Craft Ride would work with forward controls. Any comments, all will be appreciated.
I bought the Craftride BEFORE I saw the Fehling bars if I were doing it all over again I think I would have bought the Fehlings. I also have a set of newer Triumph OEM bars that will be going on my 2011 Roadster.

Looks like the engine guards might fit??
FB_IMG_1541773506477.jpg

I can't go back to oem pegs too cramped, I love the forward controls, got to find a work around for engine guards.
I feel cramped with stock myself, but the forward controls are too far. I may have to try to modify the stock set-up. Then I'll need the guard bars to stretch out on longer trips.

No do not know of any commercial R3 front crash bars designed to work with fwd controls and they do not go to well with performance headers either. :(:(

Bugger knows why I have an new unused set of fwd controls then! ;):confused::rolleyes::whitstling::whitstling:

Send em back those are the old style bendy ones. The problem is the steel where the bars attach is too thin. If going to put hiway pegs on just putting your feet on them bends the bars clear to the radiator. Triumph redesigned the bars and beefed up the steel.
Wrong and right at the same time. The early Mk1 version of the factory R3 bars were similar in appearance to the ones on Amazon and did bend and flex badly. The flat top mount plate was too thin so they redesigned with the very strong forged double wall mount in your photo created by squashing the pipe end walls together and drilling it.

These Amazon ones have a MUCH thicker flat plate in the original design and they do not flex like the Triumph ones did. They were/are sold out of Texas on eBay as well.

Back