ECM FUSE KEEPS BLOWING

valmacmiami

.060 Over
Has anyone else had this problem I suspect my ECM is fried and does anyone have a spare or know where to get one for a decent price.

Ahhh the ol goosed ECU I know that pain well.

Late reply but did u get sorted?
i would have recommended removing the ECU and see does the fuse still blow, and if so sending the ECU to tuneboy to check out before spending $1000 on a new one from triumph.
you might get lucky and pick a suitable one up off pinwall cycles / ebay etc

although I don't have the answer, it's good to see a tech question about the Rocket now and again in this forum..

Triumph of Seattle has one in stock for 682 but it says fits Roadster and Classic. which is BS they take different ECU's It could be the idiots are calling the standard a Roadster. the plug end looks like the original 2004 to 2009. Bummer price though. I would call NCY and see what Andy can do for you first if you are considering buying a new one or get stuck buying a new one. I am also looking for one but not because I need it. So the first one that I find if I find one is yours Val.
Also since you have done so much wrenching on yours I would check the wire harness out for any shorts you might have just scuffed a wire some where.

Triumph of Seattle has one in stock for 682 but it says fits Roadster and Classic. which is BS they take different ECU's It could be the idiots are calling the standard a Roadster. the plug end looks like the original 2004 to 2009.

any pics?
this is what a Roadster one looks like anyway, if it helps ID - i was sure i had a pic of the sockets side :(
photo.JPG

any pics?
this is what a Roadster one looks like anyway, if it helps ID - i was sure i had a pic of the sockets side :(
IMG_1505.JPG

Turbo...I hope that is your woman in those pics in your posts. I enjoy living vicariously. You don't have to tell me the truth, by the way, because it hardly matters.

Turbo...I hope that is your woman in those pics in your posts. I enjoy living vicariously. You don't have to tell me the truth, by the way, because it hardly matters.

Ha nope she is a model and those 2012 pics were for a calendar that never came through..
but you'll be glad to know my significant other is way better than her - a 24 year old Brazilian girl ;-) I must get some new photos this year...

Back