Easy brackets with harbor freight panniers (photos)

So I wanted aluminum panniers for my bike, but they are way too expensive, so I saw these in harbor freight for $39 bucks a piece. Mounted with easy brackets, and a little sheet aluminum reinforcement on the inside.
What do you guys think?
Maybe just a slight maybe if they were black. Now if those were on one of those bikes that can't figure out if they are a dirt bike or street bike then yes.

It looks a bit function over form, but should do the job well. Does the top open inwards as well as outwards?

Having said that, I have ammo cans as panniers on my Enfield.

Yeah, they're top openers. Hold a bunch of stuff. I like the look of adventure bike panniers, so these work for me. I would like to start motorcycle camping up the coast of california, so I needed some storage.

Do I personally think they look good?
No
Do I think it's a pretty clever way to do some dirt cheap functional panniers?
Yes
Does my opinion matter if you like it?
No
If I had a dual sport (and I'd like to...), I'd be all over that. FWIW I don't really like the Triumph leather bags either, but I'm using them until I can afford something I do like. A bike without some kind of storage isn't very versatile.

Definitely not something I would have invested in...but with that said, the more I look the more I think it's kinda bad ass. Could definitely use some matte black paint on 'em though.

I like the idea, especially the price. I also like that flat box in the rack. what is it?

The box on top is a pelican case, i'm not exactly sure which model#...

And to answer an earlier question the top can open both inward and outward.

Painting them matte black might look cooler.

Back