Easier seat bolts?

@PaddyO you list an auxiliary fuel tank as a mod in your profile, what did you do?
You want class and Rocket fuel tanks -

The orange spun aluminium bottle is mine and yes I can use for fuel or just to drain these two 2 litre Chinese 2 stroke bicycle conversion fuel tanks fitted to my leather topcase lid with a 2metre gravity feed fuel line I can deploy to the main tank filler or fill the orange fuel bottle.

They look like they would bolt up to the top of the rear tipover bars,
2L Gas Tank W/ Cap Petcock 0.5 Gallon 80cc 66 60 49cc Engine Motorized Bicycle
AU $24.89 (US $18.98 ) + FREE Economy Shipping from China
2L Gas Tank W/ Cap Petcock 0.5 Gallon 80cc 66 60 49cc Engine Motorized Bicycle

I'm dreaming of an 8 gallon tank...

Good idea. Removing the seat requires opening the bags on the touring to get at the allen head screws and is always a bit of a chore the older I get. Pop these out and the seat is off. I'll stop by my local West Marine. Normally I'm buying boat stuff there.

If the seat flies off because it's not bolted securely, it will fly off with me on it.

@PaddyO you list an auxiliary fuel tank as a mod in your profile, what did you do?

This is my next to last mod. I am waiting for RamAir & Viking crossover pipe to get here and will then install them with the TORS @BillyIndiana sold me. I will then build a base out of wood for a 6 gallon aluminum fuel tank to sit on the luggage rack. I will then run the fuel line along the left side with a valve near the seat and it will end in a fitting in the base of the plate on which the fuel pump rests. There will be a quick release fitting between the valve and the tank so I can take it off for a base for luggage when my wife and I take a long trip. She can’t ride as long as I can so the extra fuel won’t matter. Will take pics when I do this. I had this set up on my Nomad for 6 years and it worked well.

Good idea. Removing the seat requires opening the bags on the touring to get at the allen head screws and is always a bit of a chore the older I get. Pop these out and the seat is off. I'll stop by my local West Marine. Normally I'm buying boat stuff there.

If the seat flies off because it's not bolted securely, it will fly off with me on it.

That is a proper ejection (seeing you are former Navy).

Wishing you safe rides.

that is a great idea and a great mod.
It is so stupid getting the seat off.
I did the ram air, but did not install the oil filter cause the space saved in the old filter box is a waist with the existing bolts.

I will be ordering these shortly.

Back