Seat reshaping

Journeyman

"And this one is just right" ~ Goldilocks
Ride
2020 3R
I modified the seat on the 3R today, having done this previously to a solo Corbin on the Roadster to lower it. In my opinion the seat on the R is too cush (not good for distance). It also cuts into the back of my legs and is too tall (hey, I'm vertically challenged).

It's pretty simply to access the foam- two metal brackets and then staples holding down the cover.
Once there take the bulk off with a serrated knife and then use a wood rasp to shape and smooth. After the initial shaving I'll ride a few times to determine if I want to continue to take off more.

Once done just stretch the vinyl and reattach, or get it covered with something nicer. (Btw, the crack at the nose was already there, a gift from the factory, apparently.)

IMG_1610.jpeg
IMG_1607.jpeg
IMG_1605.jpeg

IMG_1609.jpeg
IMG_1608.jpeg

If anyone is interested, for further reading on the subject by BigNorm

Me also Doc. I find it very comfy but I have a padded ass. Put it this way, if I ever went to prison I wouldn't make it five steps in the 'yard' before I was someone's date. 😟
Butt I reckon you could be a lot less popular to the 'wrong crowd' if you stopped wearing those 'hot pants'! ;) :roll::roll::roll::roll:
1656594128167.png

On an extended ride several days in and really liking the seat modification. The bucket seat (bowl) design was putting too much pressure on the back of my legs. Now it’s on my seat bones where it belongs. Also added a mesh pad which makes riding in 90 degree weather much more comfortable.
B0AA6AF1-82DB-41F0-886B-A950751F21F2.jpeg

Back