Dyno Battle: Harley-Davidson Road King 131 vs. Triumph Rocket 3

I installed a S&S 124 kit in my 2010 Harley fatboy. That was a build. Ended up costing $5,246,95 for the kit. Throttle body ,upgraded fuel injectors and machine work for Timken bearings and cylinders it cost a bit more. After dyno had 132 horse at 139 torque. Sold the bike last weekend for $9,000. Did enjoy it for a few years. Like the idea of a factory kit.

I could see that easily. Parts and labor would add up quick. Like the idea of the factory aftermarket parts and the fact that a Harley shop will install and you keep your warranty good. I did the 124 kit myself and it was not easy. Had access to a local shop which helped when i was not sure about how it was supposed to be put together. They gave me a lot of verbal instructions which without i would have screwed it up.

Last edited:
I was at Cassoday a few years back when a guy put his brand new Harley on the mobil dyno they usually bring in for the day. He posted some pretty limp numbers for a 103ci, less than 100 in HP and torque. He got smoked by a guy on a 4 year old MV Augusta F4. Big HEAVY cruisers were never meant to be sport bikes, but somehow we keep thinking they are....

Not legal in CA. But that's probably not a big hurdle. Pretty sure just about any performance mods done to a Cali registered bike are not 'legal'.
Goes right back to one of my original post about this upgrade. One year warranty. Oil cooler required and upgrade oil pump. Thought I was behind the times. Same Harley game nothing changed. Easy $10,000 upgrade with piss poor results. Screaming Chicken Rule. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Back