Dyno Battle: Harley-Davidson Road King 131 vs. Triumph Rocket 3

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I installed a S&S 124 kit in my 2010 Harley fatboy. That was a build. Ended up costing $5,246,95 for the kit. Throttle body ,upgraded fuel injectors and machine work for Timken bearings and cylinders it cost a bit more. After dyno had 132 horse at 139 torque. Sold the bike last weekend for $9,000. Did enjoy it for a few years. Like the idea of a factory kit.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
I could see that easily. Parts and labor would add up quick. Like the idea of the factory aftermarket parts and the fact that a Harley shop will install and you keep your warranty good. I did the 124 kit myself and it was not easy. Had access to a local shop which helped when i was not sure about how it was supposed to be put together. They gave me a lot of verbal instructions which without i would have screwed it up.

Last edited:

atomsplitter

Top Fuel
Ride
2005 Rocket III
I was at Cassoday a few years back when a guy put his brand new Harley on the mobil dyno they usually bring in for the day. He posted some pretty limp numbers for a 103ci, less than 100 in HP and torque. He got smoked by a guy on a 4 year old MV Augusta F4. Big HEAVY cruisers were never meant to be sport bikes, but somehow we keep thinking they are....

Walking Tall

.060 Over
Ride
2018 Phantom Black R3R
Not legal in CA. But that's probably not a big hurdle. Pretty sure just about any performance mods done to a Cali registered bike are not 'legal'.

sonny

Living Legend
Ride
rocket three x
Not legal in CA. But that's probably not a big hurdle. Pretty sure just about any performance mods done to a Cali registered bike are not 'legal'.
Goes right back to one of my original post about this upgrade. One year warranty. Oil cooler required and upgrade oil pump. Thought I was behind the times. Same Harley game nothing changed. Easy $10,000 upgrade with piss poor results. Screaming Chicken Rule. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: