Then again I set out for Colorado from Buffalo with no second gear. Made it to St Louis. As Einstein said, "only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the universe."

Like Warpo said, ride early Tue - Wed.
In my 55 years riding all over America, the Dragon is the most challenging technical 11 miles ever!
I rode across the country to ride it and did it 8 complete times over two days, just to be sure it imprinted in my brain.
There are many roads more fun to ride, but if you are looking for biggest challenge to ride twisties fast, the Dragon is it! Nothing I've ever hooned has demanded more focus and skill - especially on the R3R.
My only regret is that I never rode the Dragon in my sport bike prime.
A MUST ride for any hoon afficianado!
I thought the Pig Trail in AK was harder. Of course there was no traffic or cops, so I was pushing harder than on the Dragon.

I thought the Pig Trail in AK was harder. Of course there was no traffic or cops, so I was pushing harder than on the Dragon.

The Pig trail was good, but not nearly as technical as the Dragon.

Watch for speed traps most anytime and opposing traffic (including bikes) in your lane.

Yes, indeed.

I learned the hard way and recommend making a 1st pass at normal speed to check for Radar-toting Tennessee Coppers.

Luckily, I just got a warning citation.

dragon-ticket.JPG

But will it go in your permanent record?

No. They said as long as I didn't get caught again that year it wouldn't be forwarded to NY DMV.

Note the Class 'D' though (DOH, they didn't notice I didn't have a MC endorsement - double lucky!!).

Back