How do you ride Cherohala and NOT ride the dragon? My brother and I hit it up a few years ago and rode the dragon back and forth about 4 times in the morning, then rode the whole dragon/ Cherohala skyway loop, finishing up with about another 4-5 back and forths on the Dragon. Then we headed up north to hit the Devils Triangle the next day.

I had been down there a few times and never rode it, I heard from so many people how crowded and over rated it was, millions of cops, etc, I'm glad I finally did

Like Warpo said, ride early Tue - Wed.
In my 55 years riding all over America, the Dragon is the most challenging technical 11 miles ever!
I rode across the country to ride it and did it 8 complete times over two days, just to be sure it imprinted in my brain.
There are many roads more fun to ride, but if you are looking for biggest challenge to ride twisties fast, the Dragon is it! Nothing I've ever hooned has demanded more focus and skill - especially on the R3R.
My only regret is that I never rode the Dragon in my sport bike prime.
A MUST ride for any hoon afficianado!

Me back in the day on the Dragon
img_0830_zps94e740e5.JPG

Looks like Photoshop :whitstling::whitstling::roll::roll::roll:

Aces and Eights is alot better than the dragon. We have a ton of great roads around here but we don't let outsiders know about them:roll::roll::roll::roll:

I agree- you and Jay introduced me to that ride. I did The Devils Triangle the next day and THAT is one wild ride!

Yes, if you've never done The Dragon, you should. We're just saying that there are, in fact, better rides when you factor in all the elements. No T-shirts or stickers come with those, just good memories.

I agree- you and Jay introduced me to that ride. I did The Devils Triangle the next day and THAT is one wild ride!

Yes, if you've never done The Dragon, you should. We're just saying that there are, in fact, better rides when you factor in all the elements. No T-shirts or stickers come with those, just good memories.

But they are secret!? :thumbsdown:

Wife and I drove the Dragon in our car one weekend about 12-13 years ago when we lived in NC. Lots of sports car clubs queing up for their turn, every kind of bike of course and several rice rocketeers down in the ditches getting first aid. Was surprised to see lots of boats being towed by trucks and amazed how careless the drivers were about taking up both lanes when going around curves. A few days after our visit we read about a couple on a Goldwing Trike being killed on the Dragon that same weekend by a boat that swung out into their lane as they were rounding a curve. Fortunately we did not witness anything that bad. So, as interesting as the circus is on weekends I agree with those who recommend avoiding it. :thumbsup:

Back