Tanax Tail bag

Tal

Living Legend
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT
20190402_135941.jpg
20190402_140200.jpg
20190402_135956.jpg
Just received this bag which i'm putting on my 'Fehling' backrest/rack.
It's a cracker!...fits well, expands out, has a waterproof cover.
Its a TANAX MFK-139 from japan. Well made..strong and will hold its shape.
If you want a great tailbag that will clip to your rack easily, this is it.
mfk-139_01.jpg
51BoWLoTdhL.jpg

Last edited:
Was it expensive???
...it fits real well...i think it was 186 slides by the time i paid the freight...quick delivery tho...x japan...comes with straps etc..nice!
I used plastic zip ties as per the photo, to hold it. Put them all on loosely then tightened them and cut the tag ends off.

i just plastic tied the clips to the rack...they will stay there...the bag just unsnaps from those clips...you can attach a carry strap and sling it over your shoulder to take your gear into a motel or whatever...handy as.
That is a great idea, much better than trying to wrap strap tapes around sharp edges and over paint work with rubbing etc. I shall try it.

As I have about 50 of those 2 part clips I bought for another project I may use some this way too for tie down points of other luggage items when doing a big trip. Bonus being able to find much better mounting points. Easy as p!ss to remove after without marking bike too.

The simple ideas are usually best!

i had bought another bag....a Nelson Rigg ...its a great bag too but the tie downs didnt suit my rack so i on sold it...lost about 30 bucks on it but didnt want to try make it fit. Saw this Tanax bag in my search so got it via Webike in Japan.
The original bag i had is a ventura...just a bit small but also a good bag. I like the bag to have a 'stiffness'about it to keep the shape.
For me, i can get a toilet bag and some clothes and bottles of stuff in there for a couple of days...suits me fine.
I keep my rain gear rolled up tight, in the now unused air filter box under the seat.
I dont want saddlebags so my aim was to get a good sized tail bag to hold a good amount of stuff.
I also dont take a passenger so it works great.
Next i will be looking at a single swag and fitting my rod tube on the side so i can scoot off for a night and catch a trout...:rolleyes:

i had bought another bag....a Nelson Rigg ...its a great bag too but the tie downs didnt suit my rack so i on sold it...lost about 30 bucks on it but didnt want to try make it fit. Saw this Tanax bag in my search so got it via Webike in Japan.
The original bag i had is a ventura...just a bit small but also a good bag. I like the bag to have a 'stiffness'about it to keep the shape.
For me, i can get a toilet bag and some clothes and bottles of stuff in there for a couple of days...suits me fine.
I keep my rain gear rolled up tight, in the now unused air filter box under the seat.
I dont want saddlebags so my aim was to get a good sized tail bag to hold a good amount of stuff.
I also dont take a passenger so it works great.
Next i will be looking at a single swag and fitting my rod tube on the side so i can scoot off for a night and catch a trout...:rolleyes:
A 'real' biker would just take the toilet bag and occy it on the back mate as a Gear Sack. ;)
A couple of hip flasks, toothbrush and room for a spare pair of undies and socks in it too!;):D:roll::roll:

.....yeah well, once i wouldn't even have taken that....no change of clothes...no toothbrush,,just salt on the fingers...no change of socks...just hip flasks and fags!!
Dont smoke nowadays since i was about 35...and am now aware i probably stink after a day or two in the same jocks and socks...so,...its just a hip flask full of shine which is the same!!..all else has got civilized!

Back