DP exhaust... that's fast!

I used PBs viking exhaust. He'll fabricate pretty much whatever you want. I went with single slip on. Good look and sound. Cut alot of wait tsking off old pipes.
20171018_143235.jpg

That there is a very sweet looking can! :thumbsup:
BUT, will it hook up when you get Paul's header??? :rolleyes: :roll: :p

Dp shorties great sound install within an hour if I had the wonga would have another set for the coffee table like a piece of art ....

AND on a modified engine already producing almost double a stock motor & revving well past the stock redline.

There can be no doubt that Bob Carpenter makes his pipes to compliment his engines. He'd be a fool not to. And a fool he is not.

For standard-ish engines I'd look at Paul Bryant or CES headers.
The Carpenter Brute pipe I just put on my Classic with stock motor made 167 hp. With bone stock Rockets making 120-125 hp on average, even if I started on the higher side (125) it would have gained 42 hp. It definitely feels much stronger than before.

The Carpenter Brute pipe I just put on my Classic with stock motor made 167 hp. With bone stock Rockets making 120-125 hp on average, even if I started on the higher side (125) it would have gained 42 hp. It definitely feels much stronger than before.
The stock headers are a bottleneck. My power and torque jumped with the Jardine headers and Thugs.

I just took my first ride with them on a few days ago! I tell you! The music coming out of this thing is insane! Bit high on the decel popping but once the tune is on it should be good! Love em!

Mine did not come with instructions either, but was easy to just replace the existing hardwar and hangers with the DPs stuff. You only need one crush washer at the header crossover junction, the remainder are slip joints. I used manifold gasket paste on all joints, cured it whilst the 12 minute tune was occurring so it did not blow out on first ride

These pipes do NOT come with any form of written/printed instructions for assembly or installation. The best I managed to get was this from the 'manufacturer'

So from memory,

Strip the exhaust back to the down pipe joint.

Fit the cross pipe and mount loosely.

Bolt loosely the right hand side new bracket.

Offer the left hand pipe up and push on to the cross pipe.

Mount the two screws on the stock bracket.

Mount the RHS pipe on the cross pipe and insert the two mounting screws.

Finger tighten all screws and bolts.

Tighten the down pipe joint.

Tighten the cross pipe clamps.

Tighten the silencer clamps

Tighten the mounting bolts.

Start the engine and leave on tickover for 12 minutes and wait until the fan kicks in.

Goes off and come in again

The ECU will re map to suit, however for you and the Zard you could well have the custom map already installed which will be ok for this system.

Good luck cos you might need it!!

Indeed, it was the only seal included. He forgot to send the clamps, bolts, and any other fittings... Personally I had a nightmare getting this system fitted - never again :evil::evil:
Looking to replace the whole system with something made a little more professionally... @Paul Bryant

Back