Does reversing the battery polarity blow the ECM

Sometimes the injectors stick shut after sitting for a while. I am pretty sure the early bikes won't spark if the plugs are out. Leave the plugs in and take one lead off and put a spare plus in it to test. Maybe put a tiny amount of fuel in the air box/filter and see if it fires.

Use TuneECU to check any codes or resets needed. If the bike has been over the tipover cutoff may be active.

...... The neutral light did not come on before or after the reverse polarity. .....
You definitely need the neutral light OR the side-stand switch made
Fact that Neutral Light not on indicates at least a problem there .........
Does the Oil Pressure Warning Light come on?
If that does not, it suggests you're missing the 12V - if it does, then it suggests you don't have GPS connected.
So at least double-check that side-stand switch

Did you validate the Tip-Over Switch is connected? Correct Orientation?
(I am not 100% whether the TOS on this model will allow the starter to run - certainly will kill ignition/fuel - just not sure about Starter - maybe someone can test that at some point for my reference :D )

... I am pretty sure the early bikes won't spark if the plugs are out .....
Ah interesting! The timing is deduced by the Vacuum measurement from the MAP Sensor - no vacuum, with plugs out, therefor it can't tell which is the intake stroke
However my 'assumption' (& it's purely that!) is that it initially fired on every TDC until it 'learned' which was the correct timing - maybe not!!!

u might check to see if u have 12 volts(with test light) at the coils if so check to see if ecu is grounding the coils to make them fire.

You definitely need the neutral light OR the side-stand switch made
Fact that Neutral Light not on indicates at least a problem there .........
Does the Oil Pressure Warning Light come on?
If that does not, it suggests you're missing the 12V - if it does, then it suggests you don't have GPS connected.
So at least double-check that side-stand switch

Did you validate the Tip-Over Switch is connected? Correct Orientation?
(I am not 100% whether the TOS on this model will allow the starter to run - certainly will kill ignition/fuel - just not sure about Starter - maybe someone can test that at some point for my reference :D )

Ah interesting! The timing is deduced by the Vacuum measurement from the MAP Sensor - no vacuum, with plugs out, therefor it can't tell which is the intake stroke
However my 'assumption' (& it's purely that!) is that it initially fired on every TDC until it 'learned' which was the correct timing - maybe not!!!
The oil pressure light comes on with the key and goes out after a few seconds cranking just as you would expect.

Back