Digital Gear Indicator

PianoMan

Nitrous
Just heard from Dave Martin at Acumen Electronic. They were supposed to have a wiring harness (loom) ready for the R3 that would easily connect to their DG8 Digital Gear Indicator. They've had some difficulty getting their unit to accept the signal from the bike. They have an R3 coming in this next week and hopefully the problem will be resolved.

I know there's only 5 gears to keep track of........... but I'm tired of taking off in 2nd when I could have sworn I stepped down plenty of times to get to 1st. Probably due to getting older and not getting wiser! :rolleyes:

More to come.

I have the same problem thinking I'n in first and stalling it in the middle of the intersection. Accumen told me that they had that thing worked out a year ago. I got one of the first R3 in the states and sent them photocopies of my dealer's electrical section of the service manual so they could figure it out back then. I want one once they perfect it... And I really want a sixth gear also so I can cruise at 90 at a little lower RPM... :D :D :D

MikeV

My rocket is that bike to which Dave martin refers.

He came to me yesterday as it had already been to their workshop for a day.

He spent about 4 hours on it and is still in the dark as to why it doesn't work, even with all his electronic gadets linked up to it.

Latest thought is output voltage from speedo is too low, and he went off muttering about making a "voltage doubler"

I'll let you all know the progress

does anyone know if a digital gear indicator has ever been put on the market that will plug in and work for the rocket? Rademis

Last edited:
I like the design of this one (Dakota Digital) more then the DG8, I think it would flow with the styling better than the square box but it's all personal preference.

$225 though vs $150 (I think that's what the Acumen goes for). The big drawback for me on the Acumen is the logo, I'd rather have something that looks like it could be a stock accessory but I think they both function the same way.

Back