Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

• Total voters
Up until the early part of 2020, the only production bikes made in the Hinkley factory were Speed Triples and Tigers (the factory tour was a little disappointing), now it seems all production machines are made in Thailand with only specials and limited run bikes made in the UK. See link from MCN.

I really doubt there is anything wrong with a Thailand assembled model vs anywhere else. Thailand has a long history of vehicle manufacturing - most of the utes/pickups for this side of the world are built there and there's nothing wrong with them (well, not anything due to the country of assembly).

Like most components, they'd be manufactured in batches and this particular batch was slated for the Oz bound batch of bikes and hence, the failures appear to be concentrated here. Hell, even my mates replacement cracked again so was likely just another from the same batch. I'm more concerned with how the Dealer handles it and at least for us, they've been great.

This is my first non Japanese bike -isn't this the "character" everyone talks about?
Character count to date is now 4 ;)

besides the possibility of been jumped by a kangaroo, what other similarities are between those cases? are those bikes stored in the garage and only outside when riding? or are used to commute and stay all day long under the hot always sunny days in Australia?
When I migrated to Australia, I was under the impression that it was a hot and sunny country...I drove through a country town on one of my first business trips and was amazed to see several stores selling ski z& snow equipment. I came to realise, that Australia is not only hot (and also ****ing hot) and sunny but can be cold and snowy, freezing and wet.
There is a saying in Melbourne, it you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes.

Which month did you receive your bike?
my bike was here in early January 2020, i was just throwing it out as a possibility, sort of like the Honda Element little SUV type thing, the ones made in Canada were ok, but if you got a U.S. one, the fit and finish was better, a friend had both and the U.S. one was the better of the two

When I migrated to Australia, I was under the impression that it was a hot and sunny country...I drove through a country town on one of my first business trips and was amazed to see several stores selling ski z& snow equipment. I came to realise, that Australia is not only hot (and also ****ing hot) and sunny but can be cold and snowy, freezing and wet.
There is a saying in Melbourne, it you don't like the weather, just wait 10 minutes.
Yep I live in Brisbane and this time of year it can and does go from beautiful to storm in mins

Just running a poll to see how many members faced this issue.
Gotta chime in on this topic. My instrument panel hasn’t cracked...yet. But both the mirrors on my 2020 have spider web cracks. Matter of fact, after having my bike delivered to my house I noticed the tiniest hairline crack in one of them. Only visible when the light hit it just right. I rode it to the dealership. They said that instead of making me wait for shipment of a new mirror they would just “ part harvest” a mirror off of one of four 2020’s they had on the SR floor. I walked with the mechanic around the floor. As we both closely scrutinized the mirrors on each bike( two for sale new, two demo test rides) we couldn’t find a single one that didn’t have the same spiderweb crack. They ended up ordering my one under warranty. It arrived, and I changed it out myself at home. After doing so I inspected my other mirror even closer. And found it also cracked, although even less notice. I haven’t whined about that yet, because anyone on here who knows be by now knows I have bigger issues with this bike to deal with than micro mirror cracks. This thread begs the question though.....Has anyone else with a 2020 R3r, or any Triumph for that matter, experienced cracked mirrors?

Back