Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

Did your 2020+ Rocket 3 Instrument Cluster glass crack?

• Total voters
I have a 2020 model year, with 6500 miles showing. It's new to me, so 2 weeks old.
Bought it through a non Triumph dealership.
No cracks on my screen. Everything looks as it should.......so far.
I have noticed very many ebay listings from different sellers, for screen protection film cut to fit the Rocket 3 cluster. Wonder if this is due to the problems some of you guys have already encountered......Prevention/protection as an alternative to the cure perhaps ??

.... like this listing...

BLOQ Dashboard Screen Protector for TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 (2020-) | eBay
I have the screen protectors on for sun glare as it does a good job of keeping the reflection of the sun at a minimum. The problem is it's harder to read the cluster as it cuts my visibility down a bit with my sunglasses on. Without the screen I could read the temp, time everything pretty well. Now I have to squint to see the small numbers but there is no glare. I can't win...

Just running a poll to see how many members faced this issue.
I have input into the poll. Current poll results, reporting a 14% failure rate (for those that responded), needs to be attracting Triumph's attention for a number of reasons - product credibility, product support and implications of a known fault on future manufacturing. One hopes that Triumph monitor this forum as part of their Market intell strategy.

I have input into the poll. Current poll results, reporting a 14% failure rate (for those that responded), needs to be attracting Triumph's attention for a number of reasons - product credibility, product support and implications of a known fault on future manufacturing. One hopes that Triumph monitor this forum as part of their Market intell strategy.
That would be nice if they did monitor us although I get the feeling they don't give a sh** as long as they are selling new motorcycles and in the black. When there's a downturn in revenue maybe they will notice but I haven't seen them do anything about the problems we have other than a brake bleed and even then they won't send out a recall notice or inform anyone about the Brakes, Stalling, Cracked Cluster, faulty gas tank/EVAP (mine), extreme vibration to name a few . It's all on you and hopefully before your warranty expires. I love my Rocket and will keep it but the price of $23K plus you would think the quality control would be much better along with owner satisfaction a top priority. On the other hand this is my third Rocket so I guess I'm okay standing in line taking my daily beating. Yes sir, may I have another. :thumbsup:

That would be nice if they did monitor us although I get the feeling they don't give a sh** as long as they are selling new motorcycles and in the black. When there's a downturn in revenue maybe they will notice but I haven't seen them do anything about the problems we have other than a brake bleed and even then they won't send out a recall notice or inform anyone about the Brakes, Stalling, Cracked Cluster, faulty gas tank/EVAP (mine), extreme vibration to name a few . It's all on you and hopefully before your warranty expires. I love my Rocket and will keep it but the price of $23K plus you would think the quality control would be much better along with owner satisfaction a top priority. On the other hand this is my third Rocket so I guess I'm okay standing in line taking my daily beating. Yes sir, may I have another. :thumbsup:
Thanks for your input. Have had the brake issue and it took a long time for Triumph to acknowledge this. Now the busted cluster issue but it seems I may have a few more to look forward to. The lack of ongoing customer support for their premium product, that you describe, is entirely unsatisfactory. It flies in the face of the rave reviews of their products that Triumph pays for in magazines, and other media reviews.

I have a 2020 model year, with 6500 miles showing. It's new to me, so 2 weeks old.
Bought it through a non Triumph dealership.
No cracks on my screen. Everything looks as it should.......so far.
I have noticed very many ebay listings from different sellers, for screen protection film cut to fit the Rocket 3 cluster. Wonder if this is due to the problems some of you guys have already encountered......Prevention/protection as an alternative to the cure perhaps ??

.... like this listing...

BLOQ Dashboard Screen Protector for TRIUMPH ROCKET 3 (2020-) | eBay
No Cracks either, I have the speedo angels kit, but the crack is in that bottom bit, you sure you didn't bump it or bang it?

No Cracks either, I have the speedo angels kit, but the crack is in that bottom bit, you sure you didn't bump it or bang it?
Thanks for your contribution. If I understood the cause of the cracking, I wouldn't be canvassing fellow owners for their experiences. The unit has not been banged or bumped. Based on the lack of an apparent cause, and the outcome of the 'poll', my suspicion is that there is an inherent fault in the units. This may be design, material selection, manufacturing or a combination thereof. Given that it took 30 months for the issue to manifest in my case, it may be an age related problem. The implication, if this is correct, is that other owners may have this issue to deal with, and that, if it is inherent and unresolved, then it will continue to 'dog' the model (and the brand) in future iterations.

To replace, is it simple as unplug and replace, or does it have to be programmed?

I ask because I had to replace a screen on my GSA and the TFT on a GSA is nothing more than a monitor.

so if I wanted to replace the screen on the rocket, could I simply put on the exact same screen/part without having to go to dealer For programming because all the software is on the emu/onboard computer?

thank you

Thanks for your contribution. If I understood the cause of the cracking, I wouldn't be canvassing fellow owners for their experiences. The unit has not been banged or bumped. Based on the lack of an apparent cause, and the outcome of the 'poll', my suspicion is that there is an inherent fault in the units. This may be design, material selection, manufacturing or a combination thereof. Given that it took 30 months for the issue to manifest in my case, it may be an age related problem. The implication, if this is correct, is that other owners may have this issue to deal with, and that, if it is inherent and unresolved, then it will continue to 'dog' the model (and the brand) in future iterations.
Yes mine cracked and then failed to the point of the bike not starting at all. I had to replace it at a cost of $1200 USD.:(

I love the bike and it is one the best ones that I ever rode but random failures like these shake the trust. Sometimes, I feel like trading it in for something more reliable like the Kawasaki H2SX but then When you ride it or look at it parked in the garage, I change my mind.

Mine cracked 2 days into ownership under 300 kilometers on it. The silver trim flew off. It was replaced under warranty

Back