Designing a new rear fender - winter project

acheter ici

Yes. That is a solution that has been available to purchase for a while.
It's a better solution than on the the stock triumph, but I prefer not to mount fenders and lights etc.. directly onto the swing arm. It's not an ideal engineering solution.

Let me know if you design a mudguard that can accommodate a taller rear tire without using spacers lol

Let me know if you design a mudguard that can accommodate a taller rear tire without using spacers lol
You are referring to the hugger, right?

Yeah, i've been thinking about that component. It looks a bit short and close fitting to be much use in protecting the suspension components. Powerbronze offer an extender version, but I haven't seen one fitted for real so not convinced it's a better solution.
I might well make my own design at some point. ....Watch this space...

Now fitted/fixed the rack properly for the first time using spacers etc.. so now that i've done that, I can tell that the fender feels pretty solid with just a nice amount of flex and the rack could carry an elephant, it's that strong. Well pleased with how it's turned out.
Next jobs on the list:
- Rear top Box at the painters, but need to cut some new 'aero-pod' decals so they can lacquer them in.
- Working on a new smaller and lighter housing for the rear turn signals/licence plate lamp.....Probably will be a 3d print rather than a moulded part......Watch this space..

IMG-20230322-WA0004__forum.jpg

Ok....So, i've modelled up my new light housing which I hope will print out ok on the 3d printer.

Resize of New-LightingAssembly_27-03-23____c.JPG

Resize of New-LightingAssembly_27-03-23____d.JPG

Resize of New-LightingAssembly_27-03-23____b.JPG

The idea behind it is to make a much lighter housing than the stock one.
Now that the housing isn't getting hit about like it does when mounted off the swing arm, I don't need all the steel structure inside the housing.

I also want to delete the reflector and make the whole thing much more compact. (the blue shape is a reference to the stock housing size)

Resize of New-LightingAssembly_27-03-23____h.JPG

It will be the first time i've ever used a PVA support structure......fingers crossed! (waiting on the spool of PVA filament to be delivered before I can hit the print button).
The yellow areas are what the printer will make as a support structure when printing the light housing. Without it, the finished part wouldn't print well enough.

Resize of Capture_03292023_114724.jpg

Back