Decisions, decisions... (BRP, Cherohala Skyway, Tail of the Dragon)

Make sure upu ride 89a prrscott thru jerome to sedonia- uou eont regret it. Also call ahead in glacier you have into the sun road. Doesnt open till later cause of snow. Another must. While up that way do bear tooth hwy. let me know how it turns out!! Be safe
Agree with 89a, did that ride with @HansO ride a few years back,:)

Three roads are consistently on the top 10 motorcycle rides list – The Blue Ridge Parkway, the Tail of the Dragon at Deals Gap, and the Cherohala Skyway.

This map shows how connect them.

And that’s exactly what I plan to do in about two weeks!

The ride planning started with two people, grew to five and is now a reasonable three.

We plan to meet at the top of the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia on June 10th and casually make our way to the bottom, in North Carolina, in 3 days.

We’ll then head to the Tail of the Dragon where we’ll ride both directions before riding over to the Cherohala Skyway in Tennessee.

Our schedule is flexible and we’re still looking at two more days of riding in Tennessee. Perhaps the Smokey Mountain Loop or something similar before we all go our separate ways.

And I’ve decided I’ll take my

More to follow...

OK, I just returned from 2 weeks and 3,000 miles of riding from Tampa to Virginia, Tennessee and North Carolina. For those who’ve ridden there—or are there in Maggie Valley now—you’ll know how spectacular it really is.

I encountered some mechanical difficulties (that dang detent spring!) but was able to overcome it and continue on.

Here’s a link to the Ride Report and some photos: I Never Finish Anyth...: Virginia, Tennessee and N. Carolina Motorbike Ride Report (June 2019)

BTW: HUGE thanks to fellow R3 owner and local friend PreStaged who overnighted the detent spring kit to me. That was a lifesaver and a totally classy move. It’s what I’ve come to expect from Rocket Riders.

It runs from Cherokee NC to about Port Royal Va. 436 miles if I remember right.

The Blue Ridge Parkway stretches 469.1 miles from Afton, Virginia south to Cherokee, North Carolina.

We started with Skyline Drive, a 105-mile road that runs the entire length of the Shenandoah National Park in the Blue Ridge Mountains of Virginia. Its northern terminus is near Front Royal, and the southern terminus is near I-64 in Rockfish Gap, where the road continues south as the Blue Ridge Parkway.

That was Day 1.

Back