Decel Popping Posts

Claviger

Aspiring Student
Ride
'21 Z H2, '14 R3R, '02 Daytona 955i
Its absurd how many there are.

Unfiltered bottom line up front:

Your bikes is popping excessively because you need to get it tuned, on a dyno, by a pro.

SOME popping is normal.

Why people think they can just throw parts on a bike that doesn’t adjust fueling above 31% throttle at all and think it’ll all be kosher I don’t understand.

The stock triumph maps are lean as hell and adding better flowing anything WILL result in a dangerously lean bike, it might ride ok, it might get great mileage, but it’s NOT healthy.

Stop trying to guess and fart around adding fuel here, adding fuel there, you’re just pissing into the wind.

You spent 5-25K on the bike, 500-2000 on the exhaust, and your quibbling about 300ish for a tune.... reprioritize before being cheap costs you a piston!

IF you have a POD300, PC-V and AT and can send me logs of RPM, TPS, AFR, and MAP along with both the PC-V file and TuneECU file I can fix it for you, but anything anyone else offers as a fix.... is a SWAG.

That’s a KING SIZED No sh!tter.

But the problem is having a dyno tuner in your area is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the unicorns arse :(

What’s even more :confused: o_O :confused: o_O Is some people installing Ramair/K&N’s with stock exhaust where it can’t fart out what it sucks in :banghead:

But the problem is having a dyno tuner in your area is like finding the pot of gold at the end of the unicorns arse :(
Which is why a PCV-A/T-POD is a ruddy bargain. Even more so if Mr OCD Power Junkie himself will give you a hand. Well until his gearbox bits come back.;)

I could not be more grateful. Self-knowledge can be acquired over time - but there are times when it pays just to shut up and let somebody help. And believe me I find that VERY difficult.

But what REALLY worries me is how many go into this with NO tools for empirical analysis. I may not understand all the data - but at least I have it. Rob sees things I don't. That's experience - but clairvoyance is something else.

I've said this before - but (having made the mistake too) there are more important things to modify before latching onto the engine. The ruddy suspension for example.

Do they allow you to buy it back in Virginia?

My 05 got backed into by a State Farm insured - being an 05, S/F valued it at about $4500 - To retain the bike, they deduct the salvage value (which was a whopping $2200!) So I only ended up getting $2300 to keep the bike & repair it :banghead: :banghead: :banghead:
GOOD THING I COULD DO ALL OF THE REPAIRS & PAINT MYSELF!
Otherwise it would not have been worth keeping :mad: :mad: :mad:

Which is why a PCV-A/T-POD is a ruddy bargain. Even more so if Mr OCD Power Junkie himself will give you a hand. Well until his gearbox bits come back.;)

I could not be more grateful. Self-knowledge can be acquired over time - but there are times when it pays just to shut up and let somebody help. And believe me I find that VERY difficult.

But what REALLY worries me is how many go into this with NO tools for empirical analysis. I may not understand all the data - but at least I have it. Rob sees things I don't. That's experience - but clairvoyance is something else.

I've said this before - but (having made the mistake too) there are more important things to modify before latching onto the engine. The ruddy suspension for example.

I hear ya. @1olbull says there is a dealership in San Antonio, Tx that does dyno's with TuneEcu!!!! I plan on getting to them when I can - If that doesn't work out for me, I may try the PCV+A/T since now I know there is some available help with that.
@Claviger - Can you work that for an 05 or are your tunes just for later year model ECU's?

Back