Brenner

Living the dream
Ride
2008 Rocket Touring
Excuse me if I am asking something that is known or normal as I am still learning my ride. With the help of this forum and its knowledgeable members I have done much reading and followed suit in taking my bike from stock and am starting to derestrict it. This morning at 5 am I could wait no more and headed out to the garage and installed a set of near new TORS I purchased and installed a map that HansO was good enough to give me for my setup. I have an under the seat K&N which might be upgraded soon as I am really liking the feel of my ride. Once mapped and run for the 12 minute tune I blipped my throttle and noted what sounded like a raspy noise on return to idle. I took the bike out for a 30 minute road test and it can be heard on decel so it is consistent. Now I do not know if this might be normal and I had not noticed it with the stock pipes, or if it is due to the increased flow the TORS offer, or if it is just an effect of the tune. I mainly inquire as I feel like it is coming from the right pipe and not the left. I don't feel it will be detrimental to my ride but I'm a little OCD with this bike as it is the most expensive thing I have ever owned aside from my home. I know Harleys do not have equal flow and am wondering if this is the same case with triumph. To rule it out I might just toss on a set of D&D slip ons I have for it and see if the raspy sound follows but before doing so I thought I would ask out here.

If it is coming from one muffler while both mufflers are fed from the same source I am guessing you have one muffler with possibly a faulty or loose baffle

If it is coming from one muffler while both mufflers are fed from the same source I am guessing you have one muffler with possibly a faulty or loose baffle
Yup, I was hoping that is not the case. Not loose for sure as I inspected them thoroughly. I guess trying the D&D's will tell me if that is the truth or not.

Okay I have my tail between my legs. I made a mistake and it was noticed after the previous replies. I went out to my garage and fired my bike up, no leaks, my tenant came out so I asked a favor to blip the throttle as I sat at the rear of the bike. The noise is equal in both pipes. I think I was wrong as my reach was limited when initially testing and I really only heard one side of the exhaust. So maybe its a normal sound? Might be that I have to get used to it. Maybe the D&D will answer these questions for me. Again my apologies for misleading. Any other thoughts on the light rasp would be appreciated.

It may well be that you simply have to get used to the different sound Brenner.
Give it a few days of riding and see how you feel after that.
If still in doubt you could try throwing on the D&D set, but be aware that they will probably make a different sound again.

No need to apologise for asking a dumb question, that's always better than getting a dumb result because you didn't ask. :thumbsup:

No need to apologize I think you will find most of us will have made a mistake :whitstling: or two... I lost count years ago :rolleyes: you at least owed up to it before We all scratched what remaining hair we have out trying to work out your problem:thumbsup::roll::roll::roll:

Back