Daytona Bike Week March 2019

I thought this was cool. Lady in pic rides with her dog in this papoose complete with goggles, helmet and bandana!

6430A819-AB9F-4C93-BB04-5443B0DDAFFA.jpeg

I think I saw this lady and pooch at the Iron Horse Saloon

Last edited:
I did see another Rocket near the Broken Spoke. It was a matt black bobbed/chopped rat type with triple shotgun type exhaust. Who was it?

Not exactly Bike Week related but my fork seal is leaking and I took it to Tampa Triumph today from my brothers place in Davenport.

To avoid the Rt4 Highway of Hell (or is it Parking Lot of Purgatory?) I went down Rt27 across Rt92 and up 580. 3hrs for a 100 mile ride.

A very friendly bunch of lads. They even had a Rocket for sale.

They ordered the parts I needed and I'll go back early next week for the fix, oil change, and clutch cable adjustment.

The Service Manager gave me a nice route back with "twisties". Not a lot of them, but Florida does indeed have a few.
From their shop, go east on 580, merge onto 41N, turn right on GiHren? Cut-Off RT583 northe for a few bends.
Then right onto 52E and take a left onto Bellamy Brothers Hwy Rt581 and let her rip. 4 or 5 sweepers to be had.
Take it to Powell Rd turn right then a quick left onto Emmerson. Enjoy the last few 30MPH curves before hitting 50E back to Rt27.

The trip back was much more enjoyable than getting there.

Well...I have been between Bike Week and Biketoberfest in the fall 10-12 times. Not once did I ever see a fight. With all the testosterone flowing along with alcohol I think thats amazing! I have found the people there always very nice and often will strike up a convo with you! Even in the crowds where there are wall to wall bodies peeps are good. Also the festivities are not limited to just Daytona. Much biker related stuff goes on in Ormond Beach, Port Orange, and a lesser amount in Deltona and Deland. I say go and experience it and if you do PM me. If I'm there I can take you around to the "must see's".
I'll defiantly take you up on that Grumpy.

Back