Dave Platt's "Patriot 3 into 3" exhaust + Penner Tune: dyno tune required?

NicoRocket

.020 Over
Ride
2021 Triumph Rocket 3 GT - Black
Hi,

I searched through the forums but I couldn't find the answer... I have an R3 GT with Penner's Tune (USA) and it has been running just fantastic.
Now, after almost 6000 miles, I am thinking on getting an aftermarket exhaust to let the beast's voice be heard better. I read in other posts that the Competition Werkes exhaust is supposed to work well together with Penner's tune without requiring any additional dyno time, but I am not quite fond of the looks of that exhaust (especially the way the cover fits with the two cans).
Anyway, I like the looks of Dave Platt's "Patriot 3 into 3" exhaust, but I couldn't find if it will work properly with Penner's tune "as is" or if it requires some extra dyno tuning. Does anybody here have this setup and it so, did you have to do a custom tune and how has it been running?

Nicolas

FWIW...cobber of mine was going to get his exhaust system altered on his 'R' model which was going to make it more free flowing. We decided to put the bike on the dyno first and then after the alteration to see if the tune changed...it didnt alter the air/fuel ratio so we were happy it didnt need tuning again. I went ahead and changed my exhaust system on my GT and added the Penner tune and then put the bike on the dyno...the air/fuel ratio is perfect.

No issues here

Attachments

• 20201006_121423.jpg
    20201006_121423.jpg
    227.5 KB · Views: 98
FWIW...cobber of mine was going to get his exhaust system altered on his 'R' model which was going to make it more free flowing. We decided to put the bike on the dyno first and then after the alteration to see if the tune changed...it didnt alter the air/fuel ratio so we were happy it didnt need tuning again. I went ahead and changed my exhaust system on my GT and added the Penner tune and then put the bike on the dyno...the air/fuel ratio is perfect.
Ok, great to know, thanks!

What were your dyno results?

RWHP....157.45 PS..(155HP)...184.83 NM Torque.....Bear in mind the figures Triumph give us are done on a motor in a frame when tested (so im told)...not in a bike. You will lose some torque at the back wheel after it travels thru the machinery ...i'm pretty happy with those figures.

Back